Are we satisfied at the other D-End spot?

During the mock drafts I thought we were going for another Dend so I was surprised we didn't take one. I would like another D-end player like Chris Jones.  The guy at arrowheadpride said the defense fell apart when he left the playoff game.   

You guys satisfied with Bailey?

.http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC

Notice the depth chart and Dee Liner backing up Jones at D-end.

I'm fine with Bailey. He has been decent when playing with a good NT next to him. If we can finally solidify the middle Bailey will be a good contributor. He has always regressed after the injuries but that's basically a league wide problem in the trenches. We can definitely upgrade but we had higher priorities. He'll be leaving next year and I wouldn't be surprised if DE is our #1 target in the draft after signing a 1-year stop gap at DE.

Also I'm not sure where KPass fits right now but they might be considering moving him to DE at some point. He has the size and strength for it. I believe it's a slim chance but we never know. 

Sith, word is kpass has been exclusively backing up OLB this offseason. personally i think that's his position.

Agreed Bailey is serviceable. He's definitely not the problem. I also agree we will be drafting his replacement.

The D line as a whole isn't bad when you think about the whole picture of a front 7. DE rely on OLB to do their job just as much as an OLB relies on a DE to their job. It's hard for a DE to contain an end if the OLB is out of position and not able to capitalize. Same for the Chiefs ILBs. The front 7 played better as the season went along and that is when the ILB rotation became more favorable with DJ getting more bench time. When an ILB plugs a gap quicker, the flaws don't develop along the D line. I guess I'm using the theory of too much time will provide the offense an opportunity to beat you... think about secondary covering receivers. Too much time to cover will often lead to a receiver getting open. Frank Zombo is not a starter. Ford being injury prone hurts. Hali taking up a roster spot while not providing any help hurts. So 2017 season the DE on the opposite side of Houston had one hell of a tough job to do.

So for me, I think the D line will play much better this season...if the OLB's and ILB's play as we hope they do.

Honestly we don't play 2 DEs all the time anyway. Most of the time we're running 2 d-linemen, Jones and whomever.

Good point. Arrowhead Pride had a good article about the 2 DL front the Chiefs run a lot and could excel at with this speedier defense.

In his last 30 starts the guy has 52 solo tackles and 6.5 sacks. Hes a complete bum.

If you are ok with him starting then you have pretty low standards in my opinion. If you are ok with him starting knowing he has a cap number just shy of 8 million dollars...you need to go work for John Dorsey.

In his last 30 starts the guy has 52 solo tackles and 6.5 sacks. Hes a complete bum.

If you are ok with him starting then you have pretty low standards in my opinion. If you are ok with him starting knowing he has a cap number just shy of 8 million dollars...you need to go work for John Dorsey.

:lol:

I am very worried about the Dline. I am looking at Bailey as the #2 guy on the Dline and that is scary. If the rook and the FA backup can Man the middle, maybe we can be OK. Cutting Nacho loose makes me uncomfortable. Just don’t know what we have at DE beyond Jones.

I guess you are aware that our best player (Chris Jones) has 39 and 8.5. If that is a complete bum then that is what Chris Jones is. Not sure I am buying that.

I guess you are aware that our best player (Chris Jones) has 39 and 8.5. If that is a complete bum then that is what Chris Jones is. Not sure I am buying that.

I'm not buying that Chris Jones is our best player. But at least his numbers are trending in the right direction and he isnt overpaid.

Jones also only started 18 games just 7 in his rookie year. I think you will see much more from Jones compared to Bailey.

I'm not buying that Chris Jones is our best player. But at least his numbers are trending in the right direction and he isnt overpaid.

He’s our best dlinemen. Justin Houston is our best defensive player . I think he’s becoming underrated by the fan base because he hasn’t had a monster sack season in a while.

Any time someone uses box score stats to evaluate a DL player they probably already lost credibility. Not saying Bailey is anything special but box score stat arguments are so 90's. Lol

Archived