https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/6/21/17489646/dustin-colquitt-the-greatest-ever

Pretty good piece on Dustin. Really breaks down how good he is compared to other Punters across history. 

When I was at WPI, I recall a significant number of people wanting to dump Colquitt because of his contract. I debated at length with them and finally gave up. This makes me feel vindicated in my own petty way. But honestly, those are some insanely impressive numbers.

Holy Crap....

Dustin Colquitt: 13 seasons, 1,031 punts, 46,246 yards, 44.9 average yards, 39.8 net average and 420 punts inside the 20.

Ray Guy: 13 seasons, 1,049 punts, 44,493 yards, 42.4 average yards, 33.8 net average and 210 punts inside the 20 (stat wasn’t kept for his first three seasons. Roughly 275 based upon average

Obviously our best punter ever and a lock Ring of Honor guy. He doesn't have the leg strength he used too, which leads to a few shanks in the wind. But overall he's still extremely reliable and makes Dave Toubs job on coverage units much easier. As a left footed guy I've always loved how that weird spin wreaks havoc on many returners even to this day. Fact his numbers compare favorable to Ray Guy is unreal though. And this doesn't even mention how valuable he is as a holder too. 

Archived