6 Surprise cuts in training camp? Arrowhead addict article.

Allen Bailey

While Bailey being released would not be shocking to everyone, it may be bothersome to part of Chiefs fan base. He is a huge man who has a lot of physical strength, but it seems that he vastly underperformed last season. It is fair to say that Allen Bailey was hurt last season, but one cannot help but see the his salary as opposed to his actual production.

The Chiefs may like to put Tanoh Kpassagnon at this spot or even 2nd round draft pick Breeland Speaks. Bailey must improve his play, or he may find himself out of a job in Kansas City. I believe that the Chiefs could get the same production for cheaper.

Tanoh Kpassagnon

When the Chiefs made this selection last year, I liked it. I still do, but I am not necessarily part of the majority. Tanoh Kpassagnon is a huge guy, built of almost entirely muscle, and he looks like it. At 6’7, I believe he stands a real chance of being a dominant NFL player.

Only in his second year, it somehow looks as though he may be on thin ice. It depends on where the Chiefs plan to line him up, but the drafting of Breeland Speaks may speak volumes to what Brett Veach thinks of Kpassagnon. If he does not take a step in the right direction during training camp, he may find himself with an early departure from the Chiefs. However, I certainly hope that this is not the case.

Chris Conley

Chris Conley was the No. 2 wide receiver on the depth chart last year until an injury ended his season prematurely. During the offseason, the Chiefs signed Sammy Watkins to a three-year deal, putting some of the other receivers on the roster on the hot seat.

Conley is a very athletic receiver that seems to fit the Chiefs passing scheme. With the ability to help Travis Kelce over the middle, I personally hope that Kansas City decides to retain him. However, time will tell who the Chiefs decide to keep around for Patrick Mahomes to throw to in spread sets. In Kansas City the reserve positions at wide receiver may be tightly contested and if a player like Gehrig Dieter or Marcus Kemp can impress, Conley may be a casualty of the roster.

Demarcus Robinson

Like Conley, Robinson is a guy who could lose his roster spot. While many believe that Patrick Mahomes seemed to mesh well with Demarcus Robinson, the same could be said for Gehrig Dieter. In playing time last season, he showed flashes of being a solid wide receiver, but also struggled with drops. It is very possible that Kansas City may decide to go a different direction if Robinson struggles during training camp.

Eric Murray

A player that some might regard as an “easy cut” to make, Murray struggled last season. Without Eric Berry in the fold all season, the Chiefs got beat over the middle and over the top frequently. Eric Murray played an active role in this struggle as well as fellow safety Daniel Sorensen.

A year removed, it is possible that one or both of the safeties from the tandem of the 2017-2018 season may be removed from the roster. Will Dorian O’Daniel take the hybrid linebacker/safety spot? Will Armani Watts take the free ranging safety spot? Murray and Sorensen must show more than they did last season or they both could be gone.

Parker Ehinger

I liked Parker Ehinger when he first landed in Kansas City. Unfortunately, that is all we have to gauge his playing ability. Last season, Kansas City kept him on the bench and opted for the other left guard Bryan Witzmann who had some struggles. Ehinger looked serviceable in the passing game, but played well as a run blocker.

AA should do is viewers a favor and post a headline that says "We got nothing now, please come back in July. Thank you."

No freakin doubt. AP on the other hand has seemingly started to rebuild itself after Seth showed them how. Joel seems to be gone and the new guys are doing decent stuff. Less fluff, more crunch is always good.

Can we just put him on the Ring of Honor already?

My favorite part was cutting Bailey and putting Kpass there and cutting Kpass. I especially like cutting Robinson. Brilliant.

Sweet. Let's just cut everyone and start over.

Doesn’t it seem like we should let some of the players we drafted only a year or two ago stick around and see if they have picked up the system and can contribute before cutting them? The guys that get cut usually are underperforming their current contracts. Sorensen had a bad year. He’s counting a lot more than he’s worth against the cap. That’s at least realistic.

Doesn’t it seem like we should let some of the players we drafted only a year or two ago stick around and see if they have picked up the system and can contribute before cutting them? The guys that get cut usually are underperforming their current contracts. Sorensen had a bad year. He’s counting a lot more than he’s worth against the cap. That’s at least realistic.

You should ask Kevari Russell about that!

Sorenson was pretty decent 2 years ago when Berry was on the field. Played well in the dime.

When he was asked to play Berry’s spot is when he struggled.

Diehard might jump off a bridge if KPass is cut

Diehard and I can jump together. Might as well die with company.

As far as Conley, I don't see him being cut  He was blossoming when he got hurt and can go up high to catch contested balls.  Mahomes likes that. I would take him off the list.  

Sorenson was pretty decent 2 years ago when Berry was on the field. Played well in the dime.

When he was asked to play Berry’s spot is when he struggled.

Exactly right. Sorenson is limited and was awful in that nickel LB role. He’s a solid third safety type being paid like a starter.

Exactly right. Sorenson is limited and was awful in that nickel LB role. He’s a solid third safety type being paid like a starter.

He'll be cut for the money. Decent backup but definitely not starter. Chiefs used 3rd Safety more often than other teams and that could change starting this year. 

Archived