2018 Supplemental Draft breakdown with Scouting Reports - Terez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing we put in round 3 on Beal. I agree with not giving up one of our two 2s but would not have complained. I personally would bid a 5 on alexander.

kinda my thoughts, would've been nice for this year, but having 2 2nds next year is great as well.

We don’t need any of these dudes. I’d rather have all of our picks for next year.

I would take a shot on Alexander with a 5th, 6th or 7th.  I'm happy to keep the 1st to 3rd rounders next year for sure.

so could've everyone else.

I understand this but the thought was we had two picks in the 2nd and if we wanted him in the 3rd then why not go after him in 2nd? I am fine we kept our picks and I am guessing they just did not see him as worthy of a 2nd, but the talk here was he had first round potential so a 2nd would not have bothered me. They are the scouts though for a reason.

so could've everyone else.

I underatand this but the thought was we had two picks in the 2nd and if we wanted him in the 3rd then why not go after him in 2nd? I am fine we kept our picks and I am guessing they just did not see him as worthy of a 2nd, but the talk here was he had first round potential so a 2nd would not have bothered me. They are the scouts though for a reason.

There's a reason these guys are in supplemental draft. I'm guessing we bid a 3rd for Beal but lost due to the spot but wouldn't be surprised if we skipped on him and others. In a regular draft all 3 guys look like first 3 round picks.

There's a reason these guys are in supplemental draft. I'm guessing we bid a 3rd for Beal but lost due to the spot but wouldn't be surprised if we skipped on him and others. In a regular draft all 3 guys look like first 3 round picks.

lol the reason is because they were academically ineligible for college in fall of 2018 and didn't declare for the draft.

I think I saw that had they been in the 2018 draft, they were projected as 2nd to 3rd round picks

lol the reason is because they were academically ineligible for college in fall of 2018 and didn't declare for the draft.

I think I saw that had they been in the 2018 draft, they were projected as 2nd to 3rd round picks

Looking at some of the news that come out about the academic life of some college athletes it shouldn't be that hard to squeeze in.

3rd round in 2018 should be enough to justify a 2019 2nd, may be he wasn't as high on Veach's board. 

Beal has a real shot to make the roster and contribute but Adonis might not have and is probably why we didn’t waste the pick. His 40 time was pretty slow and I think he would have been moved to a somewhat crowded S Corp. I would have loved to have used one of our seconds to help out an area of need. Giving the kid a whole year to learn and be miles ahead of another dB selected in that range next year. However I understand the value of having two 2nds next year and the value that gives us to go up and get two studs for the future.

Beal has a real shot to make the roster and contribute but Adonis might not have and is probably why we didn’t waste the pick. His 40 time was pretty slow and I think he would have been moved to a somewhat crowded S Corp. I would have loved to have used one of our seconds to help out an area of need. Giving the kid a whole year to learn and be miles ahead of another dB selected in that range next year. However I understand the value of having two 2nds next year and the value that gives us to go up and get two studs for the future.

We probably won't need a QB so having 4 picks in the top 100 should translate to at least 2 new starters and 2 solid rotational guys that could start in a year or two. In reality it might be considered Veach's first real draft so he's probably gearing up for it now. 

I was a little excited because I am worried about CB depth but this is probably for the best. The biggest names from the sup draft I have heard were a complete failure QB and a complete headcase WR.

Bernie kosar, chris carter, reggie white and steve young were supplemental draft players that turned out all right.

I didn’t realize that. So Pryor and Gordon must be just recent history.

Yeah most years are crap. Every once in a while you see draftable players. Ironically supplemental draft players have a higher success rate than the regular draft.

Archived