Top offensive talent per espn

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24045670/ranking-nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-weapons-2018

1. Kansas City Chiefs

This has been building one year at a time for the Chiefs, who were relying on players such as Charcandrick Westand Jason Avant as meaningful weapons during their playoff run in 2015. It starts with Travis Kelce, who is the consensus second-best tight end in the league behind Gronkowski. In 2016, the Chiefs added Tyreek Hill, who graduated from his gadget return man role as a rookie into a real-deal wideout last season by posting a 75-1,183-7 line. Andy Reid & Co. drafted Kareem Hunt last season, and the running back produced 1,782 yards from scrimmage as a rookie, which was the 10th-best mark for a debuting runner in league history. The Chiefs likely will give him snaps off more frequently with the return of Spencer Ware, but Hunt already is one of the league's best backs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Alex Smith was the QB, I wonder where this article ranks us?

Same. I don’t think most national pundits are as high on Mahomes as this city is. Plus I see little chance 2018 Mahomes is as good as 2017 Alex. But this is the path to get to a much higher ceiling for the whole group.

IE: That skill group is stand alone top tier.

If Alex Smith was the QB, I wonder where this article ranks us?

38th

Same. I don’t think most national pundits are as high on Mahomes as this city is. Plus I see little chance 2018 Mahomes is as good as 2017 Alex. But this is the path to get to a much higher ceiling for the whole group.

IE: That skill group is stand alone top tier.

The premise of the article was independent of QB, OL, coach/scheme, etc.  So it's basically saying Kelce/Hill/Hunt/Watkins are the top group.

It's great to see such talent in KC. A lot of guys with huge upside, hope they work out. I would still like to see us ranked #2 or #3, it's never a good thing to be put on display like this. 

You're right, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick being ranked at the top of all those QB and coach lists has sure hurt them

You're right, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick being ranked at the top of all those QB and coach lists has sure hurt them

Take away the cheating super bowls where the first 3 they were into taping controversy and it just might be very different. Still 2 sb rings would be nice to have.

Take away the cheating super bowls where the first 3 they were into taping controversy and it just might be very different. Still 2 sb rings would be nice to have.

I don't believe those SB were illegitimate but that's not really the point...the point is that it's silly to think a Bill Barnwell column in the middle of summer is a bad thing for us.

I don't believe those SB were illegitimate but that's not really the point...the point is that it's silly to think a Bill Barnwell column in the middle of summer is a bad thing for us.

It's not a bad thing but a lower profile team with no target painted on the back always has the edge. Hopefully future rankings will be better in those terms. As seen by the Pats example they are seen as the team to beat while every detail of the organization is put on display by the media, which tends to blow things out of proportion (like the current Brady - BB struggle). 

It's not a bad thing but a lower profile team with no target painted on the back always has the edge. Hopefully future rankings will be better in those terms. As seen by the Pats example they are seen as the team to beat while every detail of the organization is put on display by the media, which tends to blow things out of proportion (like the current Brady - BB struggle). 

Teams play the Pats like it's their Superbowl because they've had undeniable, sustained success, not because Bill Freaking Barnwell wrote a summer column that ranked them #1 in something

Stop the Run.....

w

On defense? I agree. Teams will try and run to control the clock and field by keeping our offense off. We need to make the other team one dimensional and pass risk then hit out of them, none of this bend but dont break bs

Exactly, stop the run. That’s a back breaker. Run ball and stop the run is critical to closing out games. Not a lot of depth so gassing out the D line with running plays over and over is my biggest concern. I feel pretty good about our upgrade of the pass rush with Speaks. If Kpass and Ford can give them a breather now and then, the DBs should be able to survive now that Berry is back.

I like keeping your foot on the gas, but most coaches seem to run the clock rather than give up pick sixs.

Weapons are great to have but I’m a little nervous that Reid might still get too cute. With this much talent the gadget plays are an unnecessary risk. Making sure Hunt gets 20 carries and running play action off of it should be all this offense needs to be top five.

The point is:  "we don't want to be seen at as the team to beat, it's bad juju" is a fan cliche with little connection to reality

I agree. Besides...there are way more pundits and articles coming out claiming the Chargers to be the team to beat in the AFC West. I don't think this one article thrusts us into the spotlight in the least.

I agree. Besides...there are way more pundits and articles coming out claiming the Chargers to be the team to beat in the AFC West. I don't think this one article thrusts us into the spotlight in the least.

They got the same press last year and we saw how they did. Continue to beat them twice and own the division games we will be fine.

Archived