Top offensive talent per espn

They got the same press last year and we saw how they did. Continue to beat them twice and own the division games we will be fine.

Not sure they got the same level of love as they are getting so far this year but yeah....team that owns the division has been KC the past few years. Continue that and the rest takes care of itself.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure they got the same level of love as they are getting so far this year but yeah....team that owns the division has been KC the past few years. Continue that and the rest takes care of itself.

Lat year we were picked 3rd by a lot of people. Raiders, SD and then us

I hope they do the same shit

Lat year we were picked 3rd by a lot of people. Raiders, SD and then us

I hope they do the same shit

NFL morning show...the one with Kay Adams and those three guys? Kay and 2 of the guys picked the Chiefs to finish 4th. The last guy (Peter Shrager) picked the Chiefs to win the division but he has a huge man crush on Patrick Mahomes so that may have skewed his pick :D

As long as Andy doesn't start holding back in games because he doesn't want to run up the score. This is my fear. Having the "best" offensive weapons does no good if you do not utilize them. He needs to put the fear into to every team he faces. Do Not take your foot off their throats.

Hopefully that was Alex Smith's conservatism more than the play calling.

Honestly, with Mahomes starting for the first time, we may have to just hit the reset button on what we think the offense will be like going forward.

On defense? I agree. Teams will try and run to control the clock and field by keeping our offense off. We need to make the other team one dimensional and pass risk then hit out of them, none of this bend but dont break

Our improvement against the run will be the talk of the league. Ragland and Hitchens will turn the run defense around 180 degrees. They are young, skilled, and agressive.  Johnson and Hali got old and slow.  Father time just catches up.  Teams that try to run on us to use the clock will lose lopsided games, because they will have a lot of 3 and outs, and we are going to score.  So, I think you are wrong about this.  Teams will learn quickly that they have to pass and exploit our lack of depth at CB, especially after the first CB injury.  This is going to be a new experience for Chiefs fans...a lot of high scoring games.  One more smart draft, and we are entering dynasty years.

Our improvement against the run will be the talk of the league. Ragland and Hitchens will turn the run defense around 180 degrees. They are young, skilled, and agressive. Johnson and Hali got old and slow. Father time just catches up. Teams that try to run on us to use the clock will lose lopsided games, because they will have a lot of 3 and outs, and we are going to score. So, I think you are wrong about this. Teams will learn quickly that they have to pass and exploit our lack of depth at CB, especially after the first CB injury. This is going to be a new experience for Chiefs fans...a lot of high scoring games. One more smart draft, and we are entering dynasty years.

If a team controls the clock and time if possession while able to continually run on us will give out offense fewer chances to have the ball. A team will abandon the run of we get it under control and put them down by 3 scores they will try and pass to catch up. Dont know how that is wrong when you pretty much said the same thing. I'd they come out passing we can load up the pass rush earlier, which we will see if that happens but I doubt teams will want to get into a high scoring game if we are hitting on offense.

It'll be fun to watch (except the losses, of course). The main thing that will make it much more fun, is that we will never be OUT of games.  A two touchdown deficit in the third quarter will mean not much.  We will be able to sit there and stay hopeful until the clock runs out.  When was the last time we could say that?  Vermeil era, sure.  But memory is short, even when you're old enough to have been there.  Of course, memory is bad when you are old, regardless.

It'll be fun to watch (except the losses, of course). The main thing that will make it much more fun, is that we will never be OUT of games.  A two touchdown deficit in the third quarter will mean not much.  We will be able to sit there and stay hopeful until the clock runs out.  When was the last time we could say that?  Vermeil era, sure.  But memory is short, even when you're old enough to have been there.  Of course, memory is bad when you are old, regardless.

In the Vermeil era we could always score but also knew that we could blow any lead within a minute or two. It's great to have such an offense but without a solid defense it never mattered. Right now I'm not sure about our secondary but overall we have a better defense with more upside.

In the Vermeil era we could always score but also knew that we could blow any lead within a minute or two. It's great to have such an offense but without a solid defense it never mattered. Right now I'm not sure about our secondary but overall we have a better defense with more upside.

I personally think the 2018 secondary will be superior to 2017. I think this regardless of improved pass-rush, which should be improved as well. The return of Berry is huge - probably the most significant difference making roster change on either side of the ball - Smith vs. Mahomes notwithstanding.  Amerson and Fuller are dramatic improvements over Gaines/Mitchell in my opinion.  Ford being back and the addition of Speaks on the other side of Houston should improve the pass-rush appreciably, which will only help the secondary's fortunes.  

I'm not homer enough (yet) to believe the defense will be top-ten, but if they approach middle of the pack it would be huge for an offense that appears to be set for top-ten production.

Average defense that creates turnovers as previous years would be a good result IMO. The defense is too young to have higher expectations at this point.

I don't necessarily disagree with your expectations, but am confused by the premise. How is the defense too young? Where are the rookies and second year players? Sure, there will be spot playing time for some rookies, but I look at he d-line and it's full of vets that should be starting. The youngest cb will be in his third season. The youngest LB (barring Speaks winning the starting nod) is in his third season. Safety is the only spot that will likely ask a fair amount of a rookie. Young, yes. But too young, I may disagree. Entering prime performance seasons I'd say.

I don't necessarily disagree with your expectations, but am confused by the premise. How is the defense too young? Where are the rookies and second year players? Sure, there will be spot playing time for some rookies, but I look at he d-line and it's full of vets that should be starting. The youngest cb will be in his third season. The youngest LB (barring Speaks winning the starting nod) is in his third season. Safety is the only spot that will likely ask a fair amount of a rookie. Young, yes. But too young, I may disagree. Entering prime performance seasons I'd say.

Technically, you have a point.  But a lot of those 2nd and 3rd year players have limited experience, like K-Pass for example.

Even with the experience some of the guys have the rotation will have to rely heavily on guys in their first couple years. Also we have the positional experience issue. Williams has never been a starter and needs to man up the NT position. Fuller has no experience starting on the outside and with only 1 CB out of our top 3 having played a full season over the last two years we are sure to rely heavily on some unproven guys, etc. 2 rookies will probably be the top rotational guys in the front 7 (Speaks and Nnadi) and DL will likely see another youngster taking up a lot of snaps. 

If everything works as expected (especially at CB) it's great to have such a young group but as history suggest the expectations shouldn't go very high with so many unknowns. 

The entire team is young. Hell, Kelce is 28, I think. Same with Berry.  Think about it.  We really do have a young team now.

I suppose I can be excused for thinking that way, since my youngest son is 32. But even in NFL football terms, we have a very young team. 

I think the defense puts more pressure on Bob Sutton than anyone else. It is transformed. If they do the same stupid stuff, then Bob has to be gone.

Bob has proven with pass rushers and a competent secondary he can get it done. We’ve got to be able to get pressure on the QB from somewhere other than Houston.

All in all in my three decades as a hard core fan of this team, I’ve never seen this franchise more well positioned for a real sustained long term run. With this being the transition year to a younger group, it should also be last critical tests for some veteran players and coaches still here to see if they should be part of this thing going forward.

Bob has proven with pass rushers and a competent secondary he can get it done. We’ve got to be able to get pressure on the QB from somewhere other than Houston.

All in all in my three decades as a hard core fan of this team, I’ve never seen this franchise more well positioned for a real sustained long term run.

Free agency will screw this up.

Free agency will screw this up.

Newsflash!!

Free agency works the same for all teams.  If we pick FA's smartly, we win as much or more than we lose.   Pessimism is for pessimists.  I guess that labels you.

My feeling is that we are very young and talented and most likely have the franchise QB we have craved for decades. We will eventually have to pay him a lot.  But a great QB makes up for more than a team loses in free agency.  If it doesn't, then teams with great and expensive QB's would never win championships.  That is not what we have seen. is it?  It is great drafting and coaching that will decide.

Newsflash!!

Free agency works the same for all teams. If we pick FA's smartly, we win as much or more than we lose. Pessimism is for pessimists. I guess that labels you.

My feeling is that we are very young and talented and most likely have the franchise QB we have craved for decades. We will eventually have to pay him a lot. But a great QB makes up for more than a team loses in free agency. If it doesn't, then teams with great and expensive QB's would never win championships. That is not what we have seen. is it? It is great drafting and coaching that will decide.

No shit sherlock, however you don't see too many pounding on the door to come here and many who know any history of the Chiefs, want to win a SB and make huge bucks are leary about staying.

Archived