Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread

OMG the poor Chargers, this is just unbelievalbe:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Sources: Nightmare again for the #Chargers, as CB Jason Verrett suffered an injury during the conditioning test that likely will cost him the season. Brutal luck on reporting day.

Note:  They already lost Hunter Henry for the season back in OTAs.

many are picking them to win the AFC West..some say Super Bowl..maybe not so if that injury bug keeps hitting them ..Breeland maybe getting call from LA her momentarily

OMG the poor Chargers, this is just unbelievalbe:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Sources: Nightmare again for the #Chargers, as CB Jason Verrett suffered an injury during the conditioning test that likely will cost him the season. Brutal luck on reporting day.

Note:  They already lost Hunter Henry for the season back in OTAs.

Every single season they get decimated by injuries. Maybe they need rethink their offseason conditioning program or something? On the other hand just keep doing what their doing. Neither of these are daggers but its early to already lose two starters. 

More radio news I heard today.

Kareem Hunt continues to be very limited with the hamstring injury which he was dealing with most of the offseason. Maybe just precautionary as again it is only July. But again something to watch. 

Chris Jones is practicing at 260 pounds. Down from 285 last year. His self promoted goal "to lead the league in sacks."

More radio news I heard today.

Kareem Hunt continues to be very limited with the hamstring injury which he was dealing with most of the offseason. Maybe just precautionary as again it is only July. But again something to watch. 

when did he hurt his hammy?

when did he hurt his hammy?

Hard to pinpoint. He "strained" it sometime during OTAs in May and hasn't practiced much since. There seems to be no concern from Andy Reid so maybe its just a matter of giving it all the rest they can this early in camp. I believe he only participated in individual drills today. 

Middle of the field is what is going to be the key. Middle of the field is going to be wide open! Kielce is going to have a crazy year. 100 catches

Maybe not just a lot of throws to them, but also more room for Kelce and Conley + a few to Hunt.

Safeties will be pinned deep to stop the outside guys and Kelce + Conley will be feasting in the middle. Way too many weapons assuming Mahomes will meet the expectations. 

Mahomes sure is tossing some ints....

Price of admission for developing a young QB with a cannon arm and gunslinger mentality would be my answer. However I'm looking at today's stats and see 22 attempts and 1 INT. Am I missing something?  Pads go on tomorrow and I expect the mistakes will uptick as well. I can see a guy who has some real struggles at times, but as long as he's mentailly strong and keeps competing we will be in good shape. Love to hear Kissel below describe a guy who can 'attack every level of defense." That's new around here. 

BJ Kissel

CHIEFS REPORTER

The Kansas City Chiefs took the field Friday morning for the second day of training camp.

Here’s what you need to know:

1.    Patrick Mahomes gave us the entire experience once again

There are two things that have stood out about Patrick Mahomes’ first two days of training camp.

First, there’s no doubting his natural ability, and not that it hasn’t already been discussed all the time of him going back to his days of tossing it around back in Tyler, Texas, it’s still important to always mention that he’s doing things with his arm talent that aren’t normal—even by NFL quarterback standards.

On Friday morning, Mahomes had a few hookups deep down the field to Tyreek Hill that had the crowd cheering, and there were some intermediate routes mixed in there as well that showed his ability to attack every level of the defense.

What’s with all the running backs? 6 backs and 2 fullbacks on the roster already and the Chiefs continue to stockpile. How many will make the team? What does that say about the direction the team is going to have on offense this season? Sounds like they intend to be a run heavy team or a lot of the current backs on the team are more hurt than we know.

Safeties will be playing back with Mahomes at QB.  Defenses will be keying on the pass.  They will pay big time when we run. To protect Mahomes his first year as a starter, we will run as much as pass.  Defenses are going to be panicked, but when the safeties come into the box, Mahomes will annihilate them.