Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread

True, but if he’s doing it now he’ll likely do it come Sunday. He might chuck 20+ this year!

That's not true at all.  I'm not making excuses and high INT total is possible this year, but this is Training Camp.  None of it matters.  This is where you try throws you may never try in a game to see what you can get away with or not.

That's why it's called Training Camp.

You gotta love the negative nancy fans and media:  Mahomes throws a ton of picks in practice, it matters.  Mahomes never throws a pick and countless TDs, doesn't matter, its only training camp.

It's the same thing year and year out with fans and media. 

True, but if he’s doing it now he’ll likely do it come Sunday. He might chuck 20+ this year!

Pay attention. Andy Reid already said he has directed Mahomes to let it fly in camp to learn what he can get away with and what he can't. It's called training.

Weird, i know. I mean, training? In training camp?

Btw he also had a 63% comp rate in full team practice and threw multiple amazing passes. But you know, why look at the big picture.

That's not true at all. I'm not making excuses and high INT total is possible this year, but this is Training Camp. None of it matters. This is where you try throws you may never try in a game to see what you can get away with or not.

That's why it's called Training Camp.

You gotta love the negative nancy fans and media: Mahomes throws a ton of picks in practice, it matters. Mahomes never throws a pick and countless TDs, doesn't matter, its only training camp.

It's the same thing year and year out with fans and media.

I’m just pointing out the facts. You watch, if Mahomes starts chucking a bunch a picks when it counts, people will say he’s a bust and that we shouldn’t have traded Alex. I will say that it’s a valid concern whether training camp or not. If it shows up in preseason games then it’s likely to occur in the regular season.

Pay attention. Andy Reid already said he has directed Mahomes to let it fly in camp to learn what he can get away with and what he can't. It's called training.

Btw he also had a 63% comp rate in full team practice and threw multiple amazing passes. But you know, why look at the big picture.

Why so condescending?

I’m just pointing out the facts. You watch, if Mahomes starts chucking a bunch a picks when it counts, people will say he’s a bust and that we shouldn’t have traded Alex. I will say that it’s a valid concern whether training camp or not. If it shows up in preseason games then it’s likely to occur in the regular season.

Meh. Fans will freak out. It's bound to happen. The smart fans will have patience.

I tend to agree. We have undoubtedly been spoiled by Alex and his 5-7 ints per year. I’ll take the immense upside from Mahomes in exchange for some more picks!

Any day of the week. Honestly though i don't even care about picks in TC or preseason. He needs to be pushing the envelope to see what he can do now. Good thing Andy understands this.

Even in the regular season, at least this year, i don't think it matters. There's no substitute for live game action as a teacher.

Remember, Peyton Manning led the league with, like, 28 int's his first year starting. I don't expect Mahomes will do that but it will be a mixed bag this year as he learns.

If people freak out, well, fans gonna fan, but doesn't mean we should listen to them.

Oh I know that, you're on of those fans lol.  

Mahomes didn't even throw a ton of picks at TT so I'm not sure why there's this huge concern he's the type of QB that throws a ton of picks.  

Dicking around in training camp throwing picks is where you learn not to throw them in the games.  

Any day of the week. Honestly though i don't even care about picks in TC or preseason. He needs to be pushing the envelope to see what he can do now. Good thing Andy understands this.

Even in the regular season, at least this year, i don't think it matters. There's no substitute for live game action as a teacher.

Remember, Peyton Manning led the league with, like, 28 int's his first year starting. I don't expect Mahomes will do that but it will be a mixed bag this year as he learns.

If people freak out, well, fans gonna fan, but doesn't mean we should listen to them.

What you say makes sense, but there's also the theory that one plays like one practices.  We may have to live through some bad moments until Mahomes gets more NFL experience and a better O-line.  Some fans seem to expect him to come out this season at 100% and it just doesn't work that quickly.

Oh I know that, you're on of those fans lol.

Mahomes didn't even throw a ton of picks at TT so I'm not sure why there's this huge concern he's the type of QB that throws a ton of picks.

Dicking around in training camp throwing picks is where you learn not to throw them in the games.

Dude that ain’t me

I tend to agree. We have undoubtedly been spoiled by Alex and his 5-7 ints per year. I’ll take the immense upside from Mahomes in exchange for some more picks!

Remember when Reid wanted Smith to air out more and take chances? Well he is getting his wish with PM2. We will be fine.

Damn Mahomes is a pick machine! Dude is averaging like 2 a day!

That’s a lot based on what? Either way developing your own elite franchise QB isn’t for the faint of heart or certainly bandwagon fan. It’s people that recognize realistic ceiling for him and franchise that are most excited.

What's funny about training camp is if a QB throws some picks then he is scrutinized. If he doesn't then the defense is scrutinized for not makingany ints. It's a no win situation for some fans.

Training camp is like preseason picks or rankings, nobody really knows anything.

Ideally you want to see a good camp battle and it seems we are getting exactly that. Looks promising.

A lot of years either Offense or Defensive dominating performances.

What's funny about training camp is if a QB throws some picks then he is scrutinized. If he doesn't then the defense is scrutinized for not makingany ints. It's a no win situation for some fans.

Training camp is like preseason picks or rankings, nobody really knows anything.

VERY true. What I know about today’s practice was that it was raining. Gotta believe that always favors defense.