Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread

It's the first week of camp and Andy has told him to not hesitate and let it fly.  Andy wants him to see what he can get away with in camp and preseason.  So anybody worrying about int's at this stage, knowing that, needs to put their big girl panties on and calm down.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

They are in the DNA of all 22 year old QBs. Plus consider Andy is going to pull the reigns off a guy who can make big plays that our last QB could not. We are going from the definition of conservative QB to the polar opposite on the spectrum. It's really not the difficult to understand. The days of losing playoff games because our QB ran scared the entire second half is over. But in the short term we are likely going to have to make regular season sacrifices to get there. Sure worked out well for the Colts and Packers. I think we've got that caliber of talent. Im gonna enjoy the ride, training camp INTs and all. 

I’m just playing devils advocate here.  I think we all might be in for some “sticker shock” with Mahomes this year, which to some extent should be expected.  The key is that he learn from his mistakes.

14 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

I just can’t help but think that if this were some other teams QB, like the Raiders for instance, we’d be trashing him and saying he was gonna suck.  

Meh progress is ugly.  He went 18 for 20 on monday.  He's also dropping bombs all over the field like a boss.  Frankly I'm not the least bit concerned.  He's gonna throw int's this year.  Just get used to the idea.  I could care less about other qb's and I'm not the least bit concerned someone might call me a homer.  Fuck em.

35 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

I just can’t help but think that if this were some other teams QB, like the Raiders for instance, we’d be trashing him and saying he was gonna suck.  

It's an Offense install.  They are literally testing out what works and does not for basically an entire playbook.

Now if he's constantly botching routine throws like Josh Allen, I'd be very concerned.

52 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

I don't think this is true.  I don't follow ANY team's training camp other than our own.  Bare minimum some other team's QB would have to look bad in preseason before I would talk trash, and I would probably wait until the regular season.

1 hour ago, CHiefSP said:

Hate to break it to you, but what gets said on this message board doesn't matter to anybody but us.

Those people would be morons that don’t understand football at all. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Meh progress is ugly.  He went 18 for 20 on monday.  He's also dropping bombs all over the field like a boss.  Frankly I'm not the least bit concerned.  He's gonna throw int's this year.  Just get used to the idea.  I could care less about other qb's and I'm not the least bit concerned someone might call me a homer.  Fuck em.

You’re a homo...

Sorry, I meant homer.  Damn autocorrect.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Heard comments today on the radio that they had never seen a Chiefs training camp where we air it out this much. I’ll be ugly at times as with one of the INTs today where Mahomes admitted the play he called he thought was something different. So none of the WRs went we he thought they would. That type of stuffs gonna happen. But it’s gonna be fun knowing our guy can push the ball to every level  and make big plays happen at any time. I’m excited. 

I’m just playing devils advocate here.  I think we all might be in for some “sticker shock” with Mahomes this year, which to some extent should be expected.  The key is that he learn from his mistakes.

Devils advocate with what? That Mahomes isn’t going to be a good QB based on what he’s doing as a 22 year old on August 1st. Because that’s just pure stupidity.

Or Devils Advocate that there are going to be growing pains associated with developing a 22 year old. Because I doubt anyone would argue that point with you to begin with. 

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Devils advocate with what? That Mahomes isn’t going to be a good QB based on what he’s doing as a 22 year old on August 1st. Because that’s just pure stupidity.

Or Devils Advocate that there are going to be growing pains associated with developing a 22 year old. Because I doubt anyone would argue that point with you to begin with. 

Devils advocate that maybe Mahomes isn’t going to be the superstar he’s being anointed as.  But I guess that’s even silly to suggest because Mahomes is the next Aaron Rodgers.

26 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

Devils advocate that maybe Mahomes isn’t going to be the superstar he’s being anointed as.  But I guess that’s even silly to suggest because Mahomes is the next Aaron Rodgers.

I think you probably see that when some people say that he's going to be Aaron Rodgers, that doesn't exactly equate to he's going to be Aaron Rodgers his first year starting.  It's camp lmbo

naw we should just assume because of the INT's he's the next Jamarcus Russell, am I right?

Don't forget you are the one equating our happiness with Mahomes into unrealistic expectations and calling him Rodgers.

12 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

naw we should just assume because of the INT's he's the next Jamarcus Russell, am I right?

Don't forget you are the one equating our happiness with Mahomes into unrealistic expectations and calling him Rodgers.

No, we shouldn’t think that.  I just prefer to try to look at things objectively.  Yes, from everything we’ve heard he’s the real deal, but the fact that he’s throwing 2 ints per day is somewhat concerning.  I understand that it’s training camp, but at what point should we expect improvement?  Did we hear this about other recent young QBs such as Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson?  No, so it isn’t solely attributable to him being a young QB.  I guess we’ll find out.

19 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

And unless you’ve been in Antarctica for the past 9 months, the media collaborate has elevated Mahomes to surefire superstar based on one meaningless game.