Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread

1 minute ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Veach said that if they have a surplus at a position he would consider making a trade.

That should be obvious. But I think goal is adding draft picks. Gotta let training camp play out though because injuries can change things fast.  

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That should be obvious. But I think goal is adding draft picks. Gotta let training camp play out though because injuries can change things fast.  

Definitely. Season changers. You hate to be the guy short handed throwing money at Owens or some other past his prime FA. But hey, Sean Smith is getting released from prison early. ?

On 8/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, Mloe68 said:

We’ve got a 22 year old QB, I don’t think it’s likely Andy wants to start trading away his weapons unless we are keeping a guy better than we are trading.  IE...possibly Williams over West.  Veach seemed pretty content minus injuries with our roster this morning.  A late addition through cuts is always viable but I don’t think he feels like he needs to trade a contributor. And Robinson has surprised me with a really good camp. 

You just file it under what ever letter you want, but Veach in my opinion is never content and he said that teams call each other to make trades of positions of surplus and he did not rule out the chance of that happening.

31 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

You just file it under what ever letter you want, but Veach in my opinion is never content and he said that teams call each other to make trades of positions of surplus and he did not rule out the chance of that happening.

Of course he’s not ruling out trading for a player. That would be silly.

But he said this week that he felt we had some holes last offseason and he needed to be aggressive to fill them. Likewise this year he’s had a full offseason here and is clearly more comfortable with his roster. 

41 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Definitely. Season changers. You hate to be the guy short handed throwing money at Owens or some other past his prime FA. But hey, Sean Smith is getting released from prison early. ?

I think Bob Sutton thinks he’s got his S Smith with Amerson. But if Smith has been training hard with the Mean Macbine then why not take a look. I thought he was done til next year though?

On 8/8/2018 at 10:00 PM, Mloe68 said:

Of course he’s not ruling out trading for a player. That would be silly.

But he said this week that he felt we had some holes last offseason and he needed to be aggressive to fill them. Likewise this year he’s had a full offseason here and is clearly more comfortable with his roster. 

I heard the interview on am810, so I know what he said.

Sunday 8.12.18 practice update:  fyi, LDT and Xavier Williams carted off.  LDT looked like concussion protocol, Williams looks like a neck issue.  Damien Williams also left practice with an injury shortly thereafter.

Practice still ongoing so no word on the extent of the injuries.

With Justin Houston saying he’s completely healthy unlike last year and Ford potentially restablisbing himself as a pass rush threat plus development of Tanoh and Speaks, I’ve got some real optimism we could actually have some pass rush this year   Love the below quote  Not sold til I see it though he can defend run  

“I think he’s had a great camp,” Chiefs’ defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said of Ford following Sunday’s practice. “He’s been really physical in our 9-on-7 run periods. He’s developed into a really good player. He’s had a great attitude and energy out here.”

On 8/12/2018 at 7:15 PM, Mloe68 said:

With Justin Houston saying he’s completely healthy unlike last year and Ford potentially restablisbing himself as a pass rush threat plus development of Tanoh and Speaks, I’ve got some real optimism we could actually have some pass rush this year   Love the below quote  Not sold til I see it though he can defend run  

“I think he’s had a great camp,” Chiefs’ defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said of Ford following Sunday’s practice. “He’s been really physical in our 9-on-7 run periods. He’s developed into a really good player. He’s had a great attitude and energy out here.”

He clearly didn't read here, where posters collected money to get nice flowers for his funeral 

Today was also the last day of Training Camp in St. Joseph.  

After Friday's game the Chiefs will go into a regular NFL week schedule and hold practices at the normal practice facility in KC next to Arrowhead.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

The #Chiefs have released veteran S Robert Golden at his request, his agent Jordan Woy told me, saying Golden didn’t feel like he was getting the opportunity to contribute the way he wanted to. “He’s hoping to catch on with another team soon,” Woy said.

10 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-observations-from-the-chiefs-practice-on-tuesday

1st team offense to play full half  in game.

Wylie , free agent Olineman impressing andy.

We'll see, I don't buy that the starters will play that long.  Teams always say this and then the starters get pulled after 3 or 4 series.

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

There were some UDFA free safeties out there.  Still don't know why we didn't check them out.  Maybe $$ thing.

There's 31 other teams that haven't signed them either.