Chiefs Ready to Sign Breeland in St Joe Today

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had some rough outings last year, but they had moved him from outside to inside and he was playing a lot of zone.  where he shined before was a lot of man coverage in the slot.  

to me it would be a good signing but i wouldn't spend a ton on him.  that said, i'd be ok with the contract the panthers tried to give him.  3 years, 24m.  i think it only counted 4.4 the first year so likely was pretty team friendly.

Our secondary lacked any kind of competence last year and that was with Peters. We don't have the luxury of not signing this guy if we want to be competitive this year. Fuller & a bag of shit is what we are looking at with no depth whatsoever, it's a no brainer in my opinion. He's not a savior, but it's a stop gap until another draft & off season.

Our secondary lacked any kind of competence last year and that was with Peters. We don't have the luxury of not signing this guy if we want to be competitive this year. Fuller & a bag of shit is what we are looking at with no depth whatsoever, it's a no brainer in my opinion. He's not a savior, but it's a stop gap until another draft & off season.

I may be in the minority, but I believe Nelson is going to turn out to be a solid CB.  He really came on the last 3-4 games after he got back into game shape following his early season rehab.  Nelson at one spot, Fuller at slot and let everyone else (including, hopefully, Breeland) battle it out for the final spot.

I may be in the minority, but I believe Nelson is going to turn out to be a solid CB.  He really came on the last 3-4 games after he got back into game shape following his early season rehab.  Nelson at one spot, Fuller at slot and let everyone else (including, hopefully, Breeland) battle it out for the final spot.

You probably are in the minority, as I think they were trying to trade off Nelson awhile back.  He played alright in spurts near the end of 2017, but I can't see him getting a second contract from us.

Lack of pash rush doomed all KC DBS. If that does not change wont matter who is playing. Hard to tell who was playing well or not so well.

Hopefully offense will keep the team in the lead limiting other teams from running too much.

Lack of pash rush doomed all KC DBS. If that does not change wont matter who is playing. Hard to tell who was playing well or not so well.

Hopefully offense will keep the team in the lead limiting other teams from running too much.

Exactly. We need our pash rush to be on point this season.

I may be in the minority, but I believe Nelson is going to turn out to be a solid CB. He really came on the last 3-4 games after he got back into game shape following his early season rehab. Nelson at one spot, Fuller at slot and let everyone else (including, hopefully, Breeland) battle it out for the final spot.

Nelson’s return from injury REALLY impacted defense in a positive way. Secondary was pretty darn good the last month aside from Jets debacle.

Quick update on the Breeland situation: “No news is good news” and we will likely hear an update in the AM barring an unforeseen development. @610SportsKC

Interesting, Raiders' Twitter was blowing up yesterday when he left.  

I think if he left KC/St. Joe we would've heard so by now.  Maybe it's just that his flight is for Wednesday afternoon.

Archived