Chiefs Ready to Sign Breeland in St Joe Today

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Conley? Would more likely be traded.

I wouldn't rule out a Dee Ford trade if they can showcase him well enough. If Breeland and Tanoh show enough, trade him for a 7th round in 2039 who gives a shit because now his contract is off the books.

Doubt Ford gets traded...this year is put up or shut up for him

Good point, but the key word was “surprise” cut. To play devil’s advocate though. What would you trade for a guy that who costs 2 mill and is a FA after this season, has played 3 seasons and has one damn touchdown after playing in 37 games. Plus he is coming back from an Achilles.

Just saying. Has there ever been a WR ever come back better after that? He would have to wouldn’t he?

Hey, I like the guy. I think he can help us this year. Maybe significantly. But the question is, what would you give right now for Conley?

The Raiders supposedly offered 1 year 7.5 million and he turned that down. I think the Chiefs offered a multiyear and that's why they're still in the mix.

Breeland definitely wants a multiyear deal so it just depends on what cap hit the chiefs, or anyone else, are willing to take this year and next.

Could one. I think he is a rockstar and is invaluable regardless of sack numbers. No way I think he gets cut, but surprise is the thread name. That would definitely be a surprise.

You know me better than that.. he’s my favorite player.

With regard to Breeland...not sure why the Chiefs would offer a 1 year prove it deal. Like I said before, prove it deals generally apply to players who are coming off missed time due to injury and then got cut or who had a down year and got cut. Neither of those were issues with Breeland. I am sure he doesn't feel he has to prove anything. He played at a respectable level last year. Just heard an interview with ESPN beat reporter for the Redskins. He thought Breeland was very talented. Took risks at times. Might have been misplayed in the defense at times. Had good overall skill set. Very physical defender.

I am looking over our stable of db's in camp and I am 100% convinced adding Breeland would have been an upgrade to the group. I think if either Indy or Cleveland offers him a deal similar to Carolina's then that is where he will sign.

Ok. Surprise cuts.

Charcandrick West

Frank Zombo

Daniel Sorensen

Demetrius Harris

What do you guys think?

If you needed to sign someone like Breeland.

They had Sorensen as starting SS today and playing that nickel LB role he sucked ar last year.

Conley is our most experienced WR by age if I'm not mistaken. A big physical guy who's great in blocking. Makes more sense to keep him for a year and may be he leaves for a Wilson-type deal. Also never hurts to have a big target for a young QB. 

Ford won't be cut because his contract is guaranteed. We pay it regardless so unless some team wants to trade for him we might as well keep him around. I wouldn't rule out an injury settlement if the back isn't fully healed but that's it. 

Zombo could be cut and we shouldn't even notice that but he seems to be on good terms with Sutton as he has been around for ages. 

Sorensen could save some money but it's all up to the depth in the secondary.

West could be gone for a late pick or cut if Ware is fully healthy. 

Ok. Surprise cuts.

Charcandrick West

Frank Zombo

Daniel Sorensen

Demetrius Harris

What do you guys think?

If you needed to sign someone like Breeland.

Charcandrick West will not happen.  He is considered by coaches to be the best blocking RB, especially pass blocking.  He would not be considered for release or trade for a year. Mahomes needs him. 

Charcandrick West will not happen.  He is considered by coaches to be the best blocking RB, especially pass blocking.  He would not be considered for release or trade for a year. Mahomes needs him. 

Nonsense.  What did he get, a handful of snaps a game last year?  And, he wouldn't even get that this year, with Ware coming back.  He's a goner.

Nonsense.  What did he get, a handful of snaps a game last year?  And, he wouldn't even get that this year, with Ware coming back.  He's a goner.

On whether or not he will be here or gone, it isn't nonsense. West came in on plenty enough snaps that were designed for passing situations. 3rd and long specifically if I had to guess.

Only one article, but I am at work and can't spend much time providing links.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/22719/charcandrick-west-is-a-receiving-and-blocking-star-for-chiefs

West is known to be one of the best blockers in the running back group.

Archived