Chiefs Ready to Sign Breeland in St Joe Today

Well the Chiefs could have stand pat with their current RB group going into free agency but instead have apparently signed every available running back on the free agent market with the last name of Williams.

Time will tell but it’s obvious not all of the backs on the roster will make the team. Someone is on his way out. The thing about at least 2 of the Williams brothers is that they are power type backs with the most intriguing in my opinion being the rookie out of LSU Darrel Williams.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breeland left Indy without a deal.  I guess the Colts couldn't get him signed...lol

I'm seeing now the Ravens AND Jets want to bring him in for a visit.

This is getting ridiculous.  How good is this guy???

Breeland left Indy without a deal. I guess the Colts couldn't get him signed...lol

I'm seeing now the Ravens AND Jets want to bring him in for a visit.

This is getting ridiculous. How good is this guy???

He’s not, but teams are always desperate for help in the secondary.

Conley is our most experienced WR by age if I'm not mistaken. A big physical guy who's great in blocking. Makes more sense to keep him for a year and may be he leaves for a Wilson-type deal. Also never hurts to have a big target for a young QB.

Ford won't be cut because his contract is guaranteed. We pay it regardless so unless some team wants to trade for him we might as well keep him around. I wouldn't rule out an injury settlement if the back isn't fully healed but that's it.

Zombo could be cut and we shouldn't even notice that but he seems to be on good terms with Sutton as he has been around for ages.

Sorensen could save some money but it's all up to the depth in the secondary.

West could be gone for a late pick or cut if Ware is fully healthy.

They think anyway based on Reid, Burkeholder and Dee’s statements that Dee Ford is healthy now. I’m sure they want to progressively work him back in. Something to watch closely for sure.

Well the Chiefs could have stand pat with their current RB group going into free agency but instead have apparently signed every available running back on the free agent market with the last name of Williams.

Time will tell but it’s obvious not all of the backs on the roster will make the team. Someone is on his way out. The thing about at least 2 of the Williams brothers is that they are power type backs with the most intriguing in my opinion being the rookie out of LSU Darrel Williams.

Every team DOES need one power type running back.  For us, it is Ware.  The Williams guys are there only if Ware is unable to go.  Even if he isn't, the Chiefs know that Anthony Sherman can fill that role admirably in a pinch.  We sure saw that late last year.

Every team DOES need one power type running back. For us, it is Ware. The Williams guys are there only if Ware is unable to go. Even if he isn't, the Chiefs know that Anthony Sherman can fill that role admirably in a pinch. We sure saw that late last year.

Like 10 carries for 42 yards I think.

I like the Sherminator.

If Ware is not 100 percent I’m glad Damien, Kerwynn and Darell are there right now. Looking forward to preseason to sort that all out.

Can you blame him for taking his time? It's one of the few times he is in total control of his destiny and can actually see what he's getting into. Why would you not check every option on the table and see every possible offer? Smart approach if you ask me.

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Green Bay is signing free-agent cornerback Bashaud Breeland to fill the roster spot of injured veteran Davon House, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday. ESPN first reported the news.

Still kind of surprised we didn't attempt to sign him.  Not that I view him as a savior but I do view him as an upgrade.   

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Still kind of surprised we didn't attempt to sign him.  Not that I view him as a savior but I do view him as an upgrade.   

The whole thing was strange.  He visited 8 teams including the Patriots without getting signed until after today's workout for GB.

GB is super desperate with the injuries they've sustained at CB, worked him out today and signed him immediately.

Gotta figure he's not 100% and the Packers are willing to roll the dice for now.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Weird to see us stay away from him. After the season started I'm sure we could have signed him for a prove it deal and looking back at the track record of veteran DBs that flourished in KC it would have been easy to lure him. 

7 other teams didn't sign him either.  My guess is he's not fully recovered.

37 minutes ago, dksww said:

7 other teams didn't sign him either.  My guess is he's not fully recovered.

I think so as well but if there's a chance for return within October I would probably take a shot at him. He could be vital towards the end of the season. Also there was talk about him wanting a long term deal which might be the reason teams stayed away but I guess we won't know until he suits up for GB.

42 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think so as well but if there's a chance for return within October I would probably take a shot at him. He could be vital towards the end of the season. Also there was talk about him wanting a long term deal which might be the reason teams stayed away but I guess we won't know until he suits up for GB.

Ya, I'm curious what the details are of his deal with GB.

6 hours ago, dksww said:

Ya, I'm curious what the details are of his deal with GB.

The Green Bay Packers signed away the best free agent defender on the open market in cornerback Bashaud Breeland for less than $1 million.

At this point we’ve lost count of visits. Maybe it was number nine or ten? Whatever the folks at Green Bay had up their sleeve, it worked. Bashaud Breeland is now a member of an NFL roster. For the uninitiated, let’s run back before we roll forward real fast.

The last time Bashaud Breeland was a member of an NFL roster, he was being signed by the Carolina Panthers to a major three-year deal worth $24 million early in free agency. He was a nice prize to land, a young above average starting cornerback who had finally hit the big payday after serving out his rookie contract with the Washington Redskins.

Then he hits K.C. next to hang out with the Chiefs, and he ends up spending two days in camp. He’s joking with potential teammates, meeting and smiling at the coaches, talks business with the front office. He stays overnight. It seems like something was happening.

On the Chiefs side, it made total sense. The team had serious needs in the secondary. David Amerson was already looking suspect as a low-risk signing from earlier in the offseason. Prospects were clearly not ready. Kendall Fuller and Steven Nelson were present, but the Chiefs pass defense had been a problem area even before the team traded Marcus Peters.

Breeland seemed the perfect signing at the right time. 

41 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Can't imagine he could be worse than Orlando Scandrick but for that kind of contract you kick the tires.  

Maybe he read comments on this site and agreed with the masses? 🙄 Chose GB because he likes cheese? 😬

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Can't imagine he could be worse than Orlando Scandrick but for that kind of contract you kick the tires.  

If he can't play 100 percent then yeah he can be worse.  Scandrick needed some time to adjust to new system imagine how this guy will be now and not fully healthy? We will see though how he looks in GB.

Archived