Chiefs Ready to Sign Breeland in St Joe Today

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe this hasnt gotten done. The guy is literally hanging out with various members of our organization while his agent tries to hammer out a deal. Get it fucking done.

The rumor is he turned down a 1yr/7m (how the fuck they would do this, idk) offer from the Raiders, so if he wants enough money than the Chiefs would have to work some real cap magic.

The rumor is he turned down a 1yr/7m (how the fuck they would do this, idk) offer from the Raiders, so if he wants enough money than the Chiefs would have to work some real cap magic.

i think i remember reading his panthers contract only had about a 4 and a half million cap hit the first year, so i would imagine something is doable.

Breeland is off to his other visits.  Makes sense.  I doubt his agent is going to let him cancel any visits.  Breeland and his agent will consider 3-4 offers and decide by this weekend I bet.

Source: free agent CB Bashaud Breeland has left his visit with the Chiefs without a deal. That doesn't mean he has ruled out signing with KC, but for now he's on to another visit(s). The Colts are amongst the other suitors.

Pretty disappointing that at our biggest position of need we let a player of this caliber come to town for 2 days and leave without a deal. Really a failure on our part in my opinion.

Let's all chill. I appreciate we're bring cap conscious. If veach signs everybody that comes through the door for whatever they're asking, y'all will skewer him for not having space to sign Jones/Hill/Ragland/etc. I like that they're interested -- and also that they are willing to walk on this.

Let's all chill. I appreciate we're bring cap conscious. If veach signs everybody that comes through the door for whatever they're asking, y'all will skewer him for not having space to sign Jones/Hill/Ragland/etc. I like that they're interested -- and also that they are willing to walk on this.

yeah dorsey spent like a madman and now we are still in a bit of a tight spot money wise...guess veach put the cards on the table and said this is what we can offer take it or leave it which is why breeland is on to the colts and browns...if he signs with one of them by the end of the week then we will know he was only about the money and not a chance to win right away...time will tell

I don't think it's over because he's not even going to get what he initially did in March.

I think the Raiders are out, but he'll choose between KC, CLE and IND by this time next week.

It's not just about $$$ in 2018. Oakland offered a 1 year deal. "Prove it" deals are usually for guys coming off a football injury or a down year in production. Breeland was neither of those. His injury, while unfortunate as far as the timing, had nothing to do with football and was going to heal in a reasonable amount of time. He played streaky last year but had some solid moments. Not elite over the course of entire season but far from a hack. How often do decent cb's in their prime hit the open market? Survey says: not very often.

That having been said, not sure why people are bagging on Veach. He has shown he is willing to pay competitively (Watkins, Hitchens) for a guy he really wants. I'm sure if we made an offer it was a solid one. Not sure what Cleveland or Indy will offer but they have tons of money and may wind up "overspending" to get his services. I wanted Breeland in a Chiefs uniform but not at any cost. Just gotta see how it plays out from here.

I don't think it's over because he's not even going to get what he initially did in March.

I think the Raiders are out, but he'll choose between KC, CLE and IND by this time next week.

I think he ends up in Indy.  Only roadblock there will be Chris Ballard willingness to spend the money.

It all depends on his mindset. He might be looking for the most money in the short term or the long term security with some guarantees, considering that he just went through an injury and knows the cost of the thing. In terms of the cap we are the worst option on his list but competitively we are the best team. So it'll depend on what he wants in the end but we are nowhere near what others can offer in terms of money. 

I think he ends up in Indy.  Only roadblock there will be Chris Ballard willingness to spend the money.

And how do you know that?  Just because he didn't sign with Oak or KC?  You know he's actually visited IND once already back in May and left w/o a contract then?  Was Ballard willing to spend the money then?

Give me a break.

I love these fan overreactions, they are so predictable. 

Archived