Chiefs Ready to Sign Breeland in St Joe Today

And how do you know that?  Just because he didn't sign with Oak or KC?  You know he's actually visited IND once already back in May and left w/o a contract then?  Was Ballard willing to spend the money then?

Give me a break.

I love these fan overreactions, they are so predictable.

He didn't say he knew anything, he was just stating an opinion. Sounds like someone needs a nap.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are some of you freaking out about this? Nobody on this board mentioned him before we knew he was visiting KC, lol.

Agree. Seems like an ideal signing with our lack of depth in secondary. But if Veachs plan is to fix in earnest thru draft we also don’t want to commit big money to a short term fix coming off failing a physical. I’d rather look for a trade op for a younger guy.

I’m definitely hopeful we can get a deal done because he can help. But price needs to make sense. We don’t need to rush this process of rebuilding defense because unlike our small windows of the last three decades, the commitment to Mahomes era is a long term deal.

Why are some of you freaking out about this? Nobody on this board mentioned him before we knew he was visiting KC, lol.

well why would we?  he played for the Redskins and was pretty much signed right of the gates in FA.

I wasn't talking about him here, but my friends and I targeted him as someone they could bring in for training camp.

And how do you know that? Just because he didn't sign with Oak or KC? You know he's actually visited IND once already back in May and left w/o a contract then? Was Ballard willing to spend the money then?

Give me a break.

I love these fan overreactions, they are so predictable.

Step down from your high horse, because you couldn't be more wrong dude.

I never said I had an inside track of where he would sign. If you don't like that I made a guess, well too bad?

Indy or anyone was never going to sign him until the foot cleared up. They have the greatest need at corner and the ability to pay him the most money.

Agree. Seems like an ideal signing with our lack of depth in secondary. But if Veachs plan is to fix in earnest thru draft we also don’t want to commit big money to a short term fix coming off failing a physical. I’d rather look for a trade op for a younger guy.

I’m definitely hopeful we can get a deal done because he can help. But price needs to make sense. We don’t need to rush this process of rebuilding defense because unlike our small windows of the last three decades, the commitment to Mahomes era is a long term deal.

I dont consider this guy to be a short term fix. He just turned 26 and has almost 60 nfl starts. He has played average to above average throughout career. This looks like a potential starter for the next several years to me. Id say he fits well short and long term.

Just read on arrowhead pride KC supposedly offered him a one year deal.

IF true..no wonder he left... he already turned down Chokeland..we certainly had no business  trying to match  their offer anyways.

I heard on 810 this morning that the Pats like to stay about $12 Mil under cap. I dont know how true that is but t makes since as we should all have a savings stashed for a need on down the road

Any ideas on the "surprise cuts"?

was going to ask the same thing..personally I dont think you could really surprise me if they are cap saving.. I think next year Houston is a goner unless he comes up with an all pro 20+ sack season.. Grunny thinks that Cam Erving is a goner

That would be interesting as Cam was brought in by Veach...

We have plenty of quality running backs but we all know there will be injuries as we progress through camp and the preseason.

w

He had a bad reputation Grunny talked about it last year.. I think it was a desperation reach.. Kudos to Veach for knowing  ( if he in fact does) cut ties...ol CP would not of admitted screwing up 

Arrowhead AddictVerified account @ArrowheadAddict

Bashaud Breeland is expected to make any final decision on Saturday, after making all of his scheduled visits.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/07/26/bashaud-breeland-rumors-cornerback-final-decision-saturday-colts-browns-chiefs-raiders/

This is the source referred to by the article: 

Eric EdholmVerified account @Eric_Edholm 2h2 hours ago

Not sure if it’s out there, but free-agent CB Bashaud Breeland is in Indy then headed to CLV. He’s expected to make a decision Saturday. Chiefs also in the mix.

Twitter is pretty good for information, but I hate how articles are written off Tweets people make.  It's not really reporting.  Arrowhead Addict is probably just garbage written off Tweets.

Doubtful. A one year deal would zap all of their remaining cap space.

Yeah, I was just about to post my doubts on the validity of that. I think they only have around 7.5 mil in space, and a one year deal would go through that pretty quickly.

I dont consider this guy to be a short term fix. He just turned 26 and has almost 60 nfl starts. He has played average to above average throughout career. This looks like a potential starter for the next several years to me. Id say he fits well short and long term.

Understand that point. However just because he's younger and available, does it really mean his skill set and contract demands fit our long term plans? Seems like we are going to have to pay Fuller soon and perhaps need a first contract type guy to perhaps balance that. Or maybe this injury deal is part of the equation. 

Again short term this seems like a no brainer. Weve got huge need and he's proven he can play in this league. But stretched anything beyond that its possible anyway he's just not what we are looking for. It will be interesting to see what he signs for. Highest bidder period?

IF true..no wonder he left... he already turned down Chokeland..we certainly had no business  trying to match  their offer anyways.

I heard on 810 this morning that the Pats like to stay about $12 Mil under cap. I dont know how true that is but t makes since as we should all have a savings stashed for a need on down the road

12 mil sounds like a nice round number.

Is he looking for a similar deal that he had in Carolina? Three-year, $24 million contract, including $11 million in guaranteed money

Had he not hurt himself on vacation thats what he would have had.

Not even I am worth that much per year..

West and Zombo would not surprise me but the others would. Man it is tough to guess.

Here is an unpopular one. Chris Conley. Saves 2 mill and if he has lost a step, there are some intriguing youngsters that will be around for a while on the cheap. If Conley does great, we lose him to free agency. If he does poorly we don’t resign him. Either way he doesn’t look like a guy that will be here for the Mahomes rookie contract run.

Just a guess.

Archived