He’s my defensive mvp pick for the year.

Might even be team mvp.

I don’t see a 2-down LB garnering those accolades. I am banking on Chris Jones realizing his full potential in year 3. Predict 10 sacks for him.

I fully expect the defense to be top 10, and Ragland to to be on the all pro level. I really feel like the defense is going to break out in a big way. Of course if Berry has yet another season ending injury that could all go out the window.

Oh, my bad. I’ll brush up.

Veach already laid out the defensive plan.  He said Ragland would play in base and nickel.  Hitchens will be the only LB staying on the field in dime.  Unless O'Daniel counts as a LB  in the dime package.

BTW, I hope you are right and Ragland has an MVP type year.  I just don't think he will play much on obvious passing downs.  And, it is a passing league.

I fully expect the defense to be top 10, and Ragland to to be on the all pro level. I really feel like the defense is going to break out in a big way. Of course if Berry has yet another season ending injury that could all go out the window.

Top 10? Based on what?

Top 10? Based on what?

Yeah I don't see it either. We have some nice pieces but a lot of question marks.. Who besides Jones will ball out on the defensive line? Bailey regressed last year and new guys are unknown so you can't count on them yet. Is Dee Ford able to return to form before his back injury? Is Hitchens ready to step into a high profile starting role? Will Houston regain his mojo? Is Berry able to return to form? Who will be our starting outside corners (rated 28th in the league by PFF)? Who plays the other safety spot?

Personally, if the Chiefs can pull their sorry defense from 2017 up to middle of the pack this year...they should be a playoff team.

I would suggest that the Coalition Support Reggie Ragland and his foundation.

This guy is very special (Great read and vids there Cali... thank you!) and has become a personal  favorite no matter what he does on the field.

He is a leader and a man of Character helping others.

That is a legacy for the ages....

w

Never understood why the Bills gave up on him so quickly.  Ragland could become a fixture for the Chiefs for years.

Changed systems completely and he wasn't seen as a fit.

I still wonder how much wear and tear he has from Saban running his defenders into the ground, but he's had some good spurts here.

Never understood why the Bills gave up on him so quickly.  Ragland could become a fixture for the Chiefs for years.

They already gave up the pick to get Mahomes, Ragland turned out to be the cherry on top.

I guess he wasn't seen as a good fit in the new system but never makes sense to let go of a rookie with potential when you go through such changes. Reminds me of the switch to 3-4 when most figured Hali and DJ would be useless as they weren't performing well in 4-3. In the end they became the cornerstones of the front 7.

They already gave up the pick to get Mahomes, Ragland turned out to be the cherry on top.

I guess he wasn't seen as a good fit in the new system but never makes sense to let go of a rookie with potential when you go through such changes. Reminds me of the switch to 3-4 when most figured Hali and DJ would be useless as they weren't performing well in 4-3. In the end they became the cornerstones of the front 7.

Hali and DJ weren’t performing well in the 4-3?

Archived