Forget CB Breeland. 2 new teams have visits.

2 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I think his foot is a mess.  A lot have teams have looked at him but he has not signed anywhere. No one wants to take the chance.  That is why he is walking around in socks and sandals; socks to cover up the mess and he can't even get his feet into shoes. Maybe it is close to healing but it is not there yet.

I would think if that was true, with social media, one of the teams would have said as much by now. Why would they care if other teams know he's hurt.

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I would think if that was true, with social media, one of the teams would have said as much by now. Why would they care if other teams know he's hurt.

I should have said that teams might be willing to take a chance on him, but not as big of a chance as Breeland wants.  If he was all healed up and 100%, I believe he would be signed right now.

3 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I should have said that teams might be willing to take a chance on him, but not as big of a chance as Breeland wants.  If he was all healed up and 100%, I believe he would be signed right now.

From what I have read...several teams made him an offer including supposedly the Chiefs. They wouldn't have invested the time in him like they did if he wasn't healthy and there was no way he was going to play right away. Just can't see it. Not a single team on this latest round of visits said "he didn't pass the physical."

8 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I think his foot is a mess.  A lot have teams have looked at him but he has not signed anywhere. No one wants to take the chance.  That is why he is walking around in socks and sandals; socks to cover up the mess and he can't even get his feet into shoes. Maybe it is close to healing but it is not there yet.

This actually made me lol. Thank you for this. 

Cant even get his feet into shoes but is turning down 1 yr 8 million dollar offers. Lololol. 

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This actually made me lol. Thank you for this. 

Cant even get his feet into shoes but is turning down 1 yr 8 million dollar offers. Lololol. 

Exactly.  Why do people always assume the player is always so desperate to immediately sign?  

I assumed he is waiting for the inevitable injury that makes a team desperate so they'll pay his asking price.   Smart from a business perspective.  Sure he could do a 1 year prove it deal, but he could also get hurt this year and be out of the league in a year if he does.  

With young corners making an early impression in camp, I've gotta think that made a difference in our offer or non offer to Breland. No doubt he's waiting out the injuries that are gonna occur league wide over the next few weeks. 

8 hours ago, CHiefSP said:

Now he’s working out for the Patriots lol.  

yep, so predictable.

However, the dude just refuses to sign a contract it seems:

ig: josinaandersonVerified account @JosinaAnderson 4h4 hours ago

Free agent CB Bashaud Breeland tells me that his visit with the #Patriots is over. Adding, he worked out, they will be in touch & he's headed home now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived