Sorensen to undergo surgery

Will miss first part of the season per Teicher. Just came across my news update. He had to say this earlier about what may have gone on.

teicher_adam.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Adam TeicherESPN Staff Writer 

The Chiefs, who aren't deep at safety to begin with, practiced Tuesday without starter Daniel Sorensen, who is being evaluated for a knee injury. "We're just going to see exactly where that thing is going,'' coach Andy Reid said. The Chiefs are welcoming back Eric Berry, who missed most of last season because of a torn Achilles tendon. But they released last season's other starter, Ron Parker. The Chiefs gave Berry the day off from practice on Tuesday but his absence wasn't injury related. Without Berry and Sorensen, the starting safeties were Eric Murray and rookie Armani Watts. Murray played a lot last season in Berry's absence. Watts is a fourth-round draft pick.

Sorenson is pretty average to below average, watch the media spin this as a disaster. 

I'm sure they can find a FA to bring in if they want a legit starter or bottom of the depth chart guy.

The injured players like West and Sorensen might not be around long. All I know is that the teams party line is that these guys are good at something specific and they aren’t going anywhere but I’m not so sure. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

Saw this and hoping they were surgically removing 75% of his contract. No such luck.

Yeah. He sucks. Sorry. I think it’s like a 2 million dollar cap hit if he is released and a million dollar savings. 

He was decent the year before when he was a situational player.  Last year he obviously was exposed when hw played way too much.  That said, hoping that watts and o'daniel are ready to play in the dime package sooner rather than later as they have all kinds of potential.

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

I think they will be a big part of this year. O’Daniel in the Dirty Dan role in sub and I think Watts will be battling Murray for the starting job.

It may take watts a while to catch up but i think he will eventually.

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

Saw this and hoping they were surgically removing 75% of his contract. No such luck.

Post of the week.

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

Archived