What do you all think of 1 year contract for 'kneeler' Eric Reid Safety?

51 minutes ago, xen said:

Don't really see the need for any of those 3 guys.  If they need a guy sign a back of the roster body and develop the young guys.  

I don't see the need for it either since they came into camp with 7 safeties.

Hunt came out saying he's neutral on the process just a few days ago. I don't know if there's any relation to such moves.

As a player Reid would be great since I don't expect him to come at a high cost but there would definitely be some distraction which could hurt the group as a whole. Tough call IMO. I would prefer a healthy Branch but I doubt that will be the case any time soon.

9 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

No way would it happen.  Mullet men in Camaro's would go insane.

actually Mullets are coming back and the new Camaros are bad ass.

you're just jelly yo  dont have either except a flat top and a AMC Pacer

Hmmm.  I thought we were on a football forum, not a debate about freedom of expression. But while were suddenly at it,  these guys merely want to call attention to the problem of police shooting black people for no reason. The anthem is a song that represents our country.  The kneeling of our body during the song is a good harmless and non-violent way of doing that in front of a large number of people for about 20 seconds.  Big damn deal.  Lets lose some football games over it. I love my country, and as a result, I am 100% for those guys and their right to kneel.  This isn't Nazi Germany.  At least not yet....if we're careful. At least 80% of NFL players agree with that.

r

NO. This is really a transition year. The front office may not admit that but realistic it is. Rookie QB and an average defense at best. NO one player, especially safety,  is going to improve this defense enough. Yes every team every year thinks the pash rush will be better this time of year. That often injured player , FORD, will be back playing like the old days. Truth is that rarely happens. This season has 44-42 losses written all over it. Should be more entertaining but not the time to add aging high salaried players. 2019 KC starts winning those 44-42 games. Maybe even 44-30. This is a transition year. 

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

actually Mullets are coming back and the new Camaros are bad ass.

you're just jelly yo  dont have either except a flat top and a AMC Pacer

Shit!  I wish I could have a flat top!

My male pattern baldness started in High School, so at best I'd have a skullet anymore.

5 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

seth on 810 said hes suing the nfl.   forgot about that.   you can forget him now.

If he and Colin have a case, you can expect the opposite actually.  Some team will sign either one of them to try and I guess you could say, settle?

I actually think there are some actual reasons that Reid is still unsigned beyond "black man took a knee."  Are they strong enough reasons to keep him in FA?  Hell if I know.

Archived