Trading for Earl Thomas

Would you be for or against this move?

---Seattle are reportedly asking for a 1st round but Cowboys offered a 3rd.  What if we can get him for a 2nd+5th

---Thomas also wants to get paid, so what about a Eric Berry type contract?  Say we offer him a 4 year $52M with $27M guaranteed.  This would tie him with Berry for highest paid safety in the NFL.

This would give us the best Safety duo the NFL has ever seen and locks it up for the next 4 years WHILE Pat is on his Rookie contract costing peanuts.

Who's with me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm actually a Financial advisor haha.

The reason this makes sense is because we are not paying a QB $25+ million.  

I guess I could come back at you and say you are not very good at remembering how well this strategy worked for teams like Seattle to win a Super Bowl!

32 minutes ago, Balto said:

I guess I could come back at you and say you are not very good at remembering how well this strategy worked for teams like Seattle to win a Super Bowl!

Earl Thomas was still in his  rookie contract back in 2013 as well.... your the one with a memory issue..both him, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor & Wilson were on Rookie contracts as were Baldwin and Golden Tate their WR's

they caught lightning in a bottle

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013_roster.htm

No way. We need to find a young cheap safety. IMO putting Murray and Watt on the shelf this season would be a mistake. This is a building year where we aren’t going to the SB. Split time with Murray and Watts to see who, if either, is your starter in 2019.

40 minutes ago, Balto said:

You’re an FA?  Lol, me too!  Cheers, Balto!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Earl Thomas was still in his  rookie contract back in 2013 as well.... your the one with a memory issue..both him, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor & Wilson were on Rookie contracts as were Baldwin and Golden Tate their WR's

they caught lightning in a bottle

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2013_roster.htm

You do know that both Earl and Kam were drafted before the rookie pay scale started in 2011 right? MUAHAHAH

32 minutes ago, xen said:

One overpaid safety is enough thank you.  Good safeties can be found in the draft pretty easy.  That's why so many vets are on the street.

Well if they can be found soooo easy why haven't we found one?  Why haven't other teams found them?  

I know we as Chiefs fans are not use to having cap room sooooo I get it haha.

Earl Thomas has been the best safety in the NFL since he came into the league in my opinion. But you don't trade valuable cheap draft picks to take on a big salary and what will almost certainly be a soon to be declining player. Especially when your amid developing a young team with a 22 year old QB for a long term run. 

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Earl Thomas has been the best safety in the NFL since he came into the league in my opinion. But you don't trade valuable cheap draft picks to take on a big salary and what will almost certainly be a soon to be declining player. Especially when your amid developing a young team with a 22 year old QB for a long term run. 

Meh I feel you need some Vet players sprinkled in with those young guys.  

2 hours ago, Balto said:

You do know that both Earl and Kam were drafted before the rookie pay scale started in 2011 right? MUAHAHAH

have you seen their rookie contract #'s..all in all  it doesnt matter  the Chiefs dont have the $$ PERIOD/.. just thanking God your not the Chiefs Financial adviser

3 hours ago, Balto said:

Meh I feel you need some Vet players sprinkled in with those young guys.  

We already have that on defense. Heck we already have it at safety. Personally other than possibly a 1 year band aid I want to try and develop young talent at this point. 

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

have you seen their rookie contract #'s..all in all  it doesnt matter  the Chiefs dont have the $$ PERIOD/.. just thanking God your not the Chiefs Financial adviser

Can you please explain why we don’t have the money? Thanks 

Archived