HOU @ KC Pre-season 2018 Week 1 Game Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to take away much from what I saw.   But oline being a problem all camp showed up today big time. I do have a hunch Andy kind of set starting offense up to struggle tonight.

Our number one biggest issue last year by far was getting off the field on third down. More of the same   

Robinson continued to impress. Neiman kid from Iowa seemed to find ball with regularity.  It’s preseason week one so it means little. 

I would of liked to have seen more hustle from a Defensive unit that was ranked in the toilet last year.  Didn't feel any sense of urgency at all from the higher string Defensive players.

Vanilla or wizard playcalling, football still comes down to beating the guy across from you.  They just got worked on by a pretty shitty QB, instead.  I think around half of the starting jobs on the Defense aren't a lock, but you sure wouldn't of ever had thought that if you watched the effort.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I would of liked to have seen more hustle from a Defensive unit that was ranked in the toilet last year.  Didn't feel any sense of urgency at all from the higher string Defensive players.

Vanilla or wizard playcalling, football still comes down to beating the guy across from you.  They just got worked on by a pretty shitty QB, instead.  I think around half of the starting jobs on the Defense aren't a lock, but you sure wouldn't of ever had thought that if you watched the effort.

Thank you! I realize preseason means nothing in the standings. We all know the games don't count. But I see guys on here and the general vibe you get is "Couldn't pass protect...it means nothing...Couldn't run the ball...it means nothing. Couldn't get pressure on their QB's....it means nothing. Couldn't stop the quick out pass from a journeyman QB...it means nothing". Oh but if we had lit them up and had 4 or 5 sacks I bet I would hear some SB talk. Playing like dog crap has to mean something. It means you aren't ready for prime time. Fortunately we have a few weeks to work on it. But seriously, how can any one look at how feckless our Oline was and our pass rush and think that we are just fine?

All around pretty flat and uninspiring play. Definitely outplayed by Houston across the board. 

A couple players i thiught played played pretty well...

Litton - seemed poised, made some good throws and generally made good decisions.

Daryl Williams - runs with an attitude. Looks fast and decisive. With first team oline has a chance to beat out anyone not name Kareem. 

Ben Neiman - surprised a bit by his play. His instincts and sure tackling could land him a roster spot.  

19 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

All around pretty flat and uninspiring play. Definitely outplayed by Houston across the board. 

A couple players i thiught played played pretty well...

Litton - seemed poised, made some good throws and generally made good decisions.

Daryl Williams - runs with an attitude. Looks fast and decisive. With first team oline has a chance to beat out anyone not name Kareem. 

Ben Neiman - surprised a bit by his play. His instincts and sure tackling could land him a roster spot.  

yep

Neiman..is that the kid who made the goal line tackle?..kinda light in the pants who ever it was but that was good play

Archived