Media already dying for Mahomes to fail

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

your title certainly does not match the article.. they printed the facts which are undeniable

Agreed. He didn't play bad nor well. To steal a line from Xen - Mahomes was "meh". Article pretty much says the same thing. 

I gotta be honest, I expected a little bit more, but I am going to have to remind myself the kid is young and inexperienced at the pro level. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

your title certainly does not match the article.. they printed the facts which are undeniable

My point is that I think it’s disingenuous on the media’s part to even imply that he should be flourishing at this point.  They’re the ones who propped him up to be the next Favre after one meaningless game last season.  

10 hours ago, CHiefSP said:

My point is that I think it’s disingenuous on the media’s part to even imply that he should be flourishing at this point.  They’re the ones who propped him up to be the next Favre after one meaningless game last season.  

Meh. The ones you are referencing are just like most people believing his talent, work ethic and moxie give him a legit chance to be special player.  And if they see some Brett Favre then it’s important to note his first two seasons he had 37 TDs, 37 INTs.  The kids gonna be a stud and hoist one or more Lombardi’s for the Chiefs one day. Only the ignorant are going to overanalyze ever little piece of the process. 

I am disappointed Patrick did not hit Teicher in the head in warmups.

I am disappointed that Demetrius Harris did not make his block when we had Kelce and Watkins open for TD's and Mahomes was sacked ( Source: Reid)

Everything else looked like "preseason" to me

w

On 8/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, West said:

I am disappointed Patrick did not hit Teicher in the head in warmups.

I am disappointed that Demetrius Harris did not make his block when we had Kelce and Watkins open for TD's and Mahomes was sacked ( Source: Reid in Presser written comments)

Everything else looked like "preseason" to me

w

from another poster.

I think Jace Amaro might have hurt his chances last night.

He did a good job receiving the ball, but missed a couple of key blocks, including a chip on that play where Mahomes didn’t have time to hit Watkins for what would have been a long TD.

If you’re gonna make it as a 3rd string TE, you gotta be able to block at least semi-competently.

4 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

from another poster.

I think Jace Amaro might have hurt his chances last night.

He did a good job receiving the ball, but missed a couple of key blocks, including a chip on that play where Mahomes didn’t have time to hit Watkins for what would have been a long TD.

If you’re gonna make it as a 3rd string TE, you gotta be able to block at least semi-competently.

Amen to that. 

Archived