Missed the game but apparently the season is over.

The refs will make bad calls all year...like that one in our favor near the goal line, where they said the Texan players knee was down before he stretched the ball over the first down marker.  (It wasn't).  The game should have been over then.  I am glad I am not a ref.  This year with the head down thing and other changes.  I can hear the screaming now. Can you imagine how many ejections Marcus Peters will have?  Probably why we got rid of him.

Meh...yeah we were missing some of our key starters on defense. But one of the things you have to have is good rotation which means solid depth. And frankly, since it was the 1st preseason game key starters not playing shouldn't factor that much since they play so little in the game. Clowney and Watt didn't even play for the Texans but their defense punked our starting Oline pretty good. I don't think anyone is saying the season is over as some have joked about. But you would have hoped for a better showing than that. The offense was pretty blah except for 2 drives the whole game. Defense got gashed on the ground a few times. Even Reid pointed that out. Defense.....quick out patterns gonna kill us all year?

There were some individual standout performances and I hope the coaches took notice.

The 1st quarter wasn’t so bad. Andy did some stupid horizontal pass calls and a poorly designed screen, only ran the ball once, and my gosh why is Demetrius Harris on an NFL roster. He must be a good effort guy that Andy just likes because he isn’t good enough to be a #2.

The Texans seemed like they were rushing at least 5 guys every play. The 2nd penalty on Amerson was a bad call. Weeden just Alex Smithed the ball to the endzone the first drive and our passive defense was just dumb at times allowing him to do it. 

I think they were probably just evaluating specific things and nothing else.  But my goodness, please replace Harris at TE. His two good plays a year are not worth it.

35 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The 1st quarter wasn’t so bad. Andy did some stupid horizontal pass calls and a poorly designed screen, only ran the ball once, and my gosh why is Demetrius Harris on an NFL roster. He must be a good effort guy that Andy just likes because he isn’t good enough to be a #2.

The Texans seemed like they were rushing at least 5 guys every play. The 2nd penalty on Amerson was a bad call. Weeden just Alex Smithed the ball to the endzone the first drive and our passive defense was just dumb at times allowing him to do it. 

I think they were probably just evaluating specific things and nothing else.  But my goodness, please replace Harris at TE. His two good plays a year are not worth it.

Did you not see the guys that played after Harris?  It's pretty obvious why he's still on the roster.

I'd rather they focus on finding a quality LG for the first time in 6 years instead of a #2 anything.

37 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Did you not see the guys that played after Harris?  It's pretty obvious why he's still on the roster.

I'd rather they focus on finding a quality LG for the first time in 6 years instead of a #2 anything.

Oh I did. It is pure negligence to not bring in more than journeyman last chance guys to fight for #2 and #3. If Kelce goes down, this team is in trouble at TE. Hopefully they can find some other teams cuts to compete for #3.

45 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Oh I did. It is pure negligence to not bring in more than journeyman last chance guys to fight for #2 and #3. If Kelce goes down, this team is in trouble at TE. Hopefully they can find some other teams cuts to compete for #3.

And, of course, Kelce never gets concussions.

21 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Mahomes was excellent besides a couple missed throws. He was calm and patient and was smooth as fuck in the pocket. 

His hookup to Kelce I've been waiting so long to witness it and it finally came so beautifully even while mahomes took a hit under pressure 

I agree. He played smart football. Delivered to ball while getting hit. He looked fine to me. We can’t let him get hit on throws very often if we want him to stay healthy. Finally got back to KC to watch. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting from reactions. 

Mahomes actually stood in the pocket and made throws when he was about to get hit. Alex would have run and scrambled away. What I saw was a QB who will step up and throw. And Houston was bringing 5 guys a lot. With our fast WRs, some home runs will happen if teams blitz.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, Chiefmanzada said:

Mahomes was excellent besides a couple missed throws. He was calm and patient and was smooth as fuck in the pocket. 

His hookup to Kelce I've been waiting so long to witness it and it finally came so beautifully even while mahomes took a hit under pressure 

"Missed throws" plural?  He only had two incompletions---the overthrow to Kelce and the left-handed dump to avoid the sack.  So I would count that as just one "missed throw."

On 8/11/2018 at 8:54 PM, DieHard said:

I agree. He played smart football. Delivered to ball while getting hit. He looked fine to me. We can’t let him get hit on throws very often if we want him to stay healthy. Finally got back to KC to watch. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting from reactions. 

Andy knows he’s got an elite deep thrower talent, but I think he’s trying to prod him into taking what the defense gives first. If he can learn that and then challenge defenders deep when they get single coverage, we will be in business.  Easier said than done, but in my opinion it’s likely focus now.  And the oline HAS to be better. 

I haven't posted on here in awhile, and I see nothing has changed LOL.  It wasn't that bad IMO, but I fell asleep after the starters ( in some  shape or form) were pulled. I thought Mchomes looked good for the pressure he was under.  

Archived