a bigger concern......

Kansas City Chiefs

Any concern over what the Chiefs might get this season from their cornerbacks won't be eased by the game against the Texans. Houston's backup quarterback, Brandon Weeden, was 9-of-11 for 97 yards and two touchdowns, some of that work coming against Kansas City's starters. Third corner David Amerson had a particularly rough game. He had two penalties against a backup, Sammie Coates. One was for holding and the other for pass interference that went for 27 yards. The Chiefs lost five of their top six cornerbacks from last year in terms of playing time. The most notable loss was their top corner, Marcus Peters, who was traded to the Rams. -- Adam Teicher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!  Seriously?  WTF are we going to do?  Should I bother not even watching or investing any time into this season then?

I'm really worried now after spending about $300 on DirectTV Sunday Ticket...

After finally watching the game and the starting oline, I was expecting to see Erving getting beat. But it was Schwartz who was hot garbage getting beat bad especially mahomes second drive.  Good thing pat wasn't going against watt,clowney, and merciless that day.

That second penalty on Amerson seemed ticky tacky and weak too me. He didn’t even touch the WR until the ball was practically there.

Weeden mostly dink and dunked it against a dumb scheme of playing 15 yards off the WR. He had deceptive Alex Smith efficiency on the first drive.

It’s a pretty below average line. I am in the minority on our line. On paper Schwartz, LDT and Morse look above average but that right side gives up just as much pressure as the left. And the left is a mess. Hope they can finally play together and play well.

I didn't think amerson was that bad. Those two penalties were terrible calls. 

Our line is bad though.  Schwartz did struggle some.  Fisher asks erving are scary on that left side.  

Interesting to see ehringer playing RT

Weitzman is still bad too. 

Amerson wasn't bad overall but didn't live up to the expectations against some backups. We definitely need Amerson to step up with a starter level performance. Otherwise we only have 2 decent CBs which won't be enough to get through the year. 

3 hours ago, Crazychief said:

I didn't think amerson was that bad. Those two penalties were terrible calls. 

Our line is bad though.  Schwartz did struggle some.  Fisher asks erving are scary on that left side.  

Interesting to see ehringer playing RT

Weitzman is still bad too. 

They were both ticky tack, bullshit calls. Corners are damn near helpless anymore on deep passes the way the rules are set up.

I thought he made good plays on both penalties.

On 8/11/2018 at 6:46 PM, Mloe68 said:

Leave it to a Ravens fan to know what bad football and particularly bad corner play looks looks like. At first I thought this is only preseason for a group which hasn’t played much together but now I am concerned. 

Look up 4th and 12

Or the Immaculate Extension

2 plays that determined two seasons.

I didn't write the article- I just posted it....doesn't mean I agree with it. The 1st PI was BS....horrible call.

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Look up 4th and 12

Or the Immaculate Extension

2 plays that determined two seasons.

I didn't write the article- I just posted it....doesn't mean I agree with it. The 1st PI was BS....horrible call.

So what do you expect when you come to a board of a team thats been better than yours for the last 5 years and start posting stories about how we are struggling? it's just odd to me and gets the appropriate response. Nothing personal. Thats just part of the fun part of being a fan. If you really want to talk Ravens or Chiefs football, Im in for that as well. I like to talk football and trash talk is part of the fun I guess as long as its not mean spirited.

Hands has been on this board for nigh on a decade. In that time we’ve had some real trolls. Anyone remember TiltRaider? We even had a Rams troll that kept saying the Chiefs were moving to LA! Turns out it was his beloved Rams that ended up moving. Davezin? Hands is fine.

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Hands has been on this board for nigh on a decade. In that time we’ve had some real trolls. Anyone remember TiltRaider? We even had a Rams troll that kept saying the Chiefs were moving to LA! Turns out it was his beloved Rams that ended up moving. Davezin? Hands is fine.

Opinions will differ.

3 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

How can we forget Davezin-denial. What a kook. 

We should dedicate some board time and a thread to create an "all-pro-troll" lineup. Maybe next offseason when things are slow. 

Archived