Eric Berry Heal is Sore

As some of you know I tore my Achilles last June. Around November/December time frame my heels were bugging me. I brought it up to my physical therapist, he assumed it was plantar fasciitis. I confirmed it with my doctor.

I am going back to the podiatrist next mont when I finish traveling for awhile. They said since they deal with the Zoomie Athletes that they already have a machine in place to provide me with PRP Injection.

I assume Berry's heel issue is the same and many of you remember, plantar fasciitis was what hampered Gates from SD in his later years.

18 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Eh.  His Achilles pop is freak injury shit and shitty ass turf.

The point is he was complaining of his heal hurting last pre season and it popped game one. Soreness if often the first sign. I certainly hope not this season. Berry deserves to play after everything he has overcome. A lessor person would have taken the money and hit the golf course or?

13 hours ago, FANATIC said:

The point is he was complaining of his heal hurting last pre season and it popped game one. Soreness if often the first sign. I certainly hope not this season. Berry deserves to play after everything he has overcome. A lessor person would have taken the money and hit the golf course or?

The sore heel last year was on the opposite leg from the one with the achilles injury so no correlation.

They confirmed that last year at the time of the injury.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/9/12/16293886/chiefs-eric-berry-going-to-the-same-doctor-that-worked-on-derrick-johnsons-achilles

On 8/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, FANATIC said:

He complained a lot in 2016 and it never popped.

They're not going to rush any thing.  You can't take sports talk radio speculation so serious.  I can't listen to sports talk this time of year because that's all it is during the pre-season.

They don't know anything about Berry and his heel. 

FWIW, Soren Petro also speculated that Kareem Hunt would get suspended for the incident with the girl claiming all those crazy things that didn't happen.

Let's not speculate, just get informed. Heel pain in an athlete is almost always plantar fasciitis, according to articles on the internet.  It's usually triggered by overtraining, but bad arches or inadequate calf stretching can contribute. Once it's there, it can sometimes take a long time to heal and be pretty debilitating if you have to run fast.  If Berry is rushed back, it could become worse in the middle of the season, and we would suddenly be in trouble.  We should pick up an expensive top FA safety if possible on a one year contract. The good thing is that our young safeties will get lots of reps and get better much quicker.  There are a lot of things can can be used, but we should expect at least six weeks.  It could be the season, if its really a chronic problem.  Someone posted that he had some heel pain in the past.  Whatever, I agree its not good news for fans.

https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a19578652/plantar-fasciitis/

On 8/13/2018 at 2:22 AM, Calichief said:

It’s most commonly CALF tightness people complain of before the Achilles stuff.

True.  But they are related.  The calf muscle attaches to the heel bone with the achilles tendon. The same heel bone is attached below that  by fascia and runs under the foot, called the plantar fascia.  I think both are related.  Calf tightness and inadequate calf stretching can make the achilles snap and also can strain the plantar fascia. Sounds like Berry has problems getting his calf stretched out adequately before doing intense running.  If so,  this might be his own personal program and intensity in the off season while not doing his stretches first.

29 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Let's not speculate, just get informed. Heel pain in an athlete is almost always plantar fasciitis, according to articles on the internet.  It's usually triggered by overtraining, but bad arches or inadequate calf stretching can contribute. Once it's there, it can sometimes take a long time to heal and be pretty debilitating if you have to run fast.  If Berry is rushed back, it could become worse in the middle of the season, and we would suddenly be in trouble.  We should pick up an expensive top FA safety if possible on a one year contract. The good thing is that our young safeties will get lots of reps and get better much quicker.  There are a lot of things can can be used, but we should expect at least six weeks.  It could be the season, if its really a chronic problem.  Someone posted that he had some heel pain in the past.  Whatever, I agree its not good news for fans.

https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a19578652/plantar-fasciitis/

Isn't that what I said about 15 post earlier?

I never once had any warning signs when I tore my Achilles. Running, if that's what I want to call it, from 2nd to 3rd and pop goes the weasel.

Archived