Eric Berry Heal is Sore

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Isn't that what I said about 15 post earlier?

I never once had any warning signs when I tore my Achilles. Running, if that's what I want to call it, from 2nd to 3rd and pop goes the weasel.

Yes  you said it earlier.

I have had Plantars in both feet. I have it right now in my left. but my inserts and a compression socklet  do wonders.. the last time I had it it lasted months but it dis-appeared  as quickly as it came  on.

I'm thinking it might be Eric's time to retire if he cant stay healthy this year.. but he'll hang on and make the Chiefs pay him for at least another year or two... thanks Dosey you boob and another too late and too much contract

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I have had Plantars in both feet. I have it right now in my left. but my inserts and a compression socklet  do wonders.. the last time I had it it lasted months but it dis-appeared  as quickly as it came  on.

I'm thinking it might be Eric's time to retire if he cant stay healthy this year.. but he'll hang on and make the Chiefs pay him for at least another year or two... thanks Dosey you boob and another too late and too much contract

He’s been through the ringer with two major injuries and of course worse the cancer. He looks like he’s 50, although grey hair can do that. Just wonder how much all that and especially the chemo can age or weaken the body  

This isn’t as absurd as Dorsey giving a guy he knew had two bone on bone knee injuries a big extension.  But it’s at least somewhat concerning overall. Still not convinced we know anything real yet as he has dealt with this before and as you say the heel alone seems manageable  

1 hour ago, the Warparty said:

Peeps calling Dorsey out, but wasn't the rumor that Dorsey was reluctant and Hunt said to sign him?

Dorsey really POed Berry when he asked him to take out a 2 million dollar (something like that anyway) insurance policy because of the cancer. Hunt did step in at that point. But you are right in my opinion that it's probably not fair to Berry's contract in Dorseys lap unlike the Hali disaster. That was probably the most poorly handled contract I have ever seen. Not to mention overpaying DJ and Jamaal as well. We were just buried in CAP hell last year because of a handful of contracts for players largely not producing. 

2 hours ago, the Warparty said:

I still think that DBowe was Dorsey's biggest gaff!

That money went "straight down the toilet!"

That was almost as bad as Tamba who flat couldn’t play because of his knees.  Fortunately Bowe bailed us out big time with his arrest in Riverside.  

If Berry stays healthy, and hopefully this is just a blip on the radar, he could conceivably have many great years left.  Great safeties have historically held up a lot longer than many other positions, well into their 30's in many cases.

Archived