Is WR Chris Conley important for our offense?

I would say nobody not named Kelce, Hill or Hunt are duper vital. I wouldn’t write anyone off at this point. He is the front runner for the #4 right now IMO. I thought he was the front runner for #3 at the start of camp. His arrow is pointing down right now.

Robinson is #3 I think and Dieter pressing for a spot. Chesson is in if just for special teams if nothing else. The numbers seem to be stacking up against him.

Well not sure anybody past conley and robinson are ready to contribute in real games, so from a depth standpoint, yes he's necessary.  Having 4 receivers who can play is big considering how they want to run this new offense.  Having a big body receiver who can block and isn't just a decoy is also a bonus.  

That said, Diehard is right.  If you're name isn't Hill, Kelce or Hunt, you're probably a role player.  Our offense runs through those 3 guys.

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

I hate to pass judgement on Watkins or Conley based on the first 2 preseason games. It may be they aren’t getting looks. 

Yeah i wouldnt read too much into it.  They're working on basic concepts at this point.  Wait til they start scheming.

As much as I’m pulling for him, he just doesn’t seem to get open...  he’s fast but I think he lacks the quickness to set dbs up and get them out of position.  I’d be shocked if they replace him this year — he knows the offense and will be where he’s supposed to be (this year’s al Wilson), but he’s going to have to start making plays to continue his career — here or anywhere.

Archived