Throw by Mahomes tonight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The throw was impressive...and Hill was covered by three defenders and still ran by them. However, Chiefs still have yet to get Sammy Watkins in the offensive flow.

I think it will develop as the season progresses and PM2 becomes more comfortable in the offense.  

1 hour ago, CHiefSP said:

Can anyone remember, ever, a throw by a Chiefs QB like the what we saw tonight???  NFL Network said it travelled 68.6 yds IN THE AIR!!!!  Just incredible!

No.  I've never seen it.  I've never seen a deadlier weapon than Mahomes-Hill...with any team.

I finally watched the game, skipped through a lt of it, and just wanted to watch Mahomes. The throw was pretty awesome,  and it's nice to see he's developing chemistry with Hill, Kelce, and Hunt so early. I didn't want to watch the defense, because of what little I did see ; they were getting shredded. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I think the safeties were thinking no way can their QB throw this far.  That one throw could impact defensive game plans against us and safeties themselves after they watch tape in my opinion. 

There will be miles of open space behind the linebackers as long as we have a guy running a deep route.  Mahomes arm strength is freakish.  Our offense is going to be scary good. 

14 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Defenses will stop stacking the box if that is a regular occurrence. Imagine the play action game we could develop too.

This is kind of why I thought we were pretty aggressive at pursuing RBs in the offseason even with return of Ware.  If we can lean more on RBs underneath it sets up more one on one ops over the top through play action. 

The word will be out to opposition DBs.  "Don't quit on a play just because you're sixty yds. down field.  If that's Hill's philosophy, the the cover guys have to adopt it as well.  Should make for some interesting variations on intermediate passes and come back routes.  Now if they can just get Watkins into the mix.

21 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I saw it, I assume he will throw a few more like that. However, he really should throw to Chiefs receiver vs the opponents DB.

I know that's not the pass you're talking about. 

Interesting Andy Reid blamed Watkins for the INT saying in that situation he’s got to come back to the ball.  The throw into the end zone which should have been picked was all Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Interesting Andy Reid blamed Watkins for the INT saying in that situation he’s got to come back to the ball.  The throw into the end zone which should have been picked was all Mahomes. 

Trent Green blamed the receiver when the play happened as well.  Reality is it was both of them.  Throw should have been earlier considering the DB was alreading  breaking towards the receiver, and the receiver has to attack the open spot and move up.

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

On those end zone throws where the field is much smaller, the receiver has to come back to the ball.  On a play like that it's more about the receiver beating the db to the spot than it is anything else.  If Watkins comes back to the ball like he should have, his body shields the defender, who coming from that angle, would have had to have gone through Watkins body to get to the ball.  PH made mistakes, and he's going to make mistakes, but that INT was 100% on the receiver.  

Archived