If we didn't take Breeland Speaks or Nnadi in the 2nd and 3rd.

So we would have two 3rd and two 4ths.   Any draft experts want to guess how it would have turned out if we didn't trade up for those two players?  I always hear trading up is bad.   Veach thought he couldn't get players of those impact types available when we were picking. Is this a mistake?  Should we have just picked BEST AVAILABLE?  Any idea if we would have done alright?   Having 2 extra players would have been nice.

Chiefs 2018 draft picks

Round 2 (54)

Round 3 (78)*

Round 3 (86)

Round 4 (122)

Round 4 (124)*

Round 6 (196)

Round 6 (209)**

Round 7 (233)

Round 7 (243)

54.  Duke Dawson

78. (Nnadi was solid here)

86. Arden Key

(Stack both 4ths to move up for Josey Jewell)

196. Tremon Smith was a fine choice

233. Bo Scarbrough

243. Kendrick Norton

I would of spent the big FA dollars on OG Andrew Norwell and Honeybadger instead of Sammy Watkins and Hitchens.  Also would of fired original werthers candy as the DC and kept Peters for one more year.  Let Dawson and Fuller get settled in and rebuild Peters value and ship him off when the option year would begin.

I like what we did.   Marcus Peters hurt but probably had to be done.  We will fix that issue next offseason.  Our D has the look of a mean unit in the coming years.   Either Sutton will get it figured out this year or He will be gone.  2019-2021 are the years we should be in the SB conversation.   

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like what we did.   Marcus Peters hurt but probably had to be done.  We will fix that issue next offseason.  Our D has the look of a mean unit in the coming years.   Either Sutton will get it figured out this year or He will be gone.  2019-2021 are the years we should be in the SB conversation.   

Exactly.  It's really a win win.  Either Sutton figures it out or he's gone in 2019

49 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You don’t just replace Marcus peters. 

Meh if speaks ends up the next hali it'll be fine.  

But yeah i really liked davis for the way sutton likes to play his corners.

Nnadi looks like a keeper.  

We have the ammo to remake the secondary next year and i am loving fuller.  He could be a foundational piece and it's looking like veach stole him from the skins.

Archived