Reid will end up getting fired

Hear me out.  The guy may be a QB whisperer, but he’s too damn clueless about the rest of his team.  His reluctance to replace Greg Robinson..err, Bob Sutton will end up being the death of him in KC.  There’s no Jim Johnson to bail him out in KC, and he’s been content with this garbage O line.  I think it’s safe to say that Eric Fisher is a massive bust at this point.  Reid has until 2020 to get it right before he’s gone.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reid will retire before Hunt ever fires him.  With the focus on offense we knew the defense was going to be in transition from all of the old guys. This version of the chiefs isn’t super bowl bound but this is the springboard to great things in coming seasons.  Mahomes is the real deal and Reid has what essentially is a lifetime contract here. 

9 hours ago, xen said:

What are you, on meds? If not you probably should be.

So how many more playoff failures does Reid get in KC?  It’s the same recipe since he’s been here - win games in the regular season and lose in the playoffs.  And this current recipe seems to be following one we saw before from another former Eagle.  

You prefer what we had before him? Because that is what we will likely have after. At least he owns the division and gets us to the dance. Then it is anyone’s game. Would we have predicted Nick Foles as Super Bowl MVP? 

They are trying to win a SB, but so are several other teams. We have a very good coach for a change. We have a young team to develop. I like where we are at. 

10 hours ago, CHiefSP said:

Hear me out.  The guy may be a QB whisperer, but he’s too damn clueless about the rest of his team.  His reluctance to replace Greg Robinson..err, Bob Sutton will end up being the death of him in KC.  There’s no Jim Johnson to bail him out in KC, and he’s been content with this garbage O line.  I think it’s safe to say that Eric Fisher is a massive bust at this point.  Reid has until 2020 to get it right before he’s gone.  

Damn, shouldn't you be on a ledge somewhere?

49 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

So how many more playoff failures does Reid get in KC?  It’s the same recipe since he’s been here - win games in the regular season and lose in the playoffs.  And this current recipe seems to be following one we saw before from another former Eagle.  

The recipe in philly got to the championship game 5 times and the superbowl.  Can't win it if you're not in it. 

Reid just drafted a first round qb, something we haven't seen in 30 years and he seems to be really progressing. 

We knew going in that this was a rebuild, and probably would take Veach a couple years to rebuild the D, but you're ready to jump ship after some meaningless preseason games. 

So are you serious? Or do i write you off mentally now?

Grow a pair bro.  This will be a fun season but the first year QB starter year is not for the weak of stomach.  

Relax.  Enjoy the ride.

If Mahomes is what we hope he will be, the rest will sort itself out. 

I can't stand Sutton, but I think Andy gave him the benefit of the doubt due to lack of talent.  Two things will be Andy''s downfall: 1) D blows all year and he doesn't fire Sutton & 2) Andy goes into his shell mode with the lead and loses games like he always does. 

Those two characteristics are Reids kryptonite. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

The recipe in philly got to the championship game 5 times and the superbowl.  Can't win it if you're not in it. 

Reid just drafted a first round qb, something we haven't seen in 30 years and he seems to be really progressing. 

We knew going in that this was a rebuild, and probably would take Veach a couple years to rebuild the D, but you're ready to jump ship after some meaningless preseason games. 

So are you serious? Or do i write you off mentally now?

Grow a pair bro.  This will be a fun season but the first year QB starter year is not for the weak of stomach.  

Relax.  Enjoy the ride.

If Mahomes is what we hope he will be, the rest will sort itself out. 

He sure looks good.

hes good at escaping.

he looks poised 

he’s the real deal 

Reid has done quite a bit to get us here. First playoff win in over years and now a qb that can take us even further. Sutton is in his last year. Messes this up and I dont think Reid can cover for him. Fisher is not a bust. Look at that draft class and all those possible for the first overall pick and see how they have done. He is still here, still playing etc. Is he elite? No he is not nor lived up to first overall pick expectations but he is still doing well. We just had a very bad year to get the number one pick as is always just our luck.

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Reid has done quite a bit to get us here. Dirst playoff win in over years and now a qb that can take us even further. Sutton is in his last year. Messes this up and I dont think Reid can cover for him. Fisher is not a bust. Look at that draft class and all those possible for the first overall pick and see how they have done. He is still here, still playing etc. Is he elite? No he is not nor lived up to first overall pick expectations but he is still doing well. We just had a very bad year to get the number one pick as is always just our luck.

Deandre Hopkins nuff said.

19 hours ago, CHiefSP said:

What would football season be without you picking us to start 0-6 and Andy Reid to be fired. A right of passage each fall.  

57 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

oh please, nobody in their right mind would take a WR #1 overall.  There's only been like 4 WRs drafted #1 overall in the history of the league. 

Fisher isn't even remotely a bust.  Is this all because of the holding penalty he took that negated the TD?

21 minutes ago, dksww said:

oh please, nobody in their right mind would take a WR #1 overall.  There's only been like 4 WRs drafted #1 overall in the history of the league. 

Fisher isn't even remotely a bust.  Is this all because of the holding penalty he took that negated the TD?

That top ten was so weak Fisher could. be the best of the bunch. And that was a phantom hold.  

16 hours ago, CHiefSP said:

Yeah because everyone on the other board, I distinctly remember debating him.

.sarcasm noted.

Also I stated those that were considered number 1 at the time for us. I doubt you can find any draft guru before that draft showing Hopkins as #1 overall.

Andy picked Bob Sutton because he specializes in stopping the pass.

Confusing.     Stopping the run will stop the pass if you have pass rush and decent secondary.    Everything falls into place.   You should always stop the run.

Andy knows this.   He's never had a good Dontari Poe - Same with Sutton.      Our Dline has been a mess.  Too many projects.

This game is 80% about talent.  If you don't think so then look at how the Eagles won the SB with just 2nd year coach and backup QB.   Yeah our Oline is finesse types which I don't like but we do pass the ball a lot.

Archived