Reid will end up getting fired

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Your seriously suggesting the 27th pick in the first round was a consideration for us at number one.  Good Lord.  

Looking back on it (armchair is fun), hell yeah they should of.

Fisher isn't really good, but they've also had pure shit next to him at Guard for nearly his entire career.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Looking back on it (armchair is fun), hell yeah they should of.

Fisher isn't really good, but they've also had pure shit next to him at Guard for nearly his entire career.

Hey why stop there then. I say we should have drafted LeVeon Bell with the first pick. He was the difference in the playoff game. Heck we should have taken Tom Brady instead of Sylvester Morris in 2000 with the 17th pick too  

If you redraft Fisher is still a first round pick without question.  He’s far from a bust.  

Andy is a great football coach and he's in the position because of his success to be able to cover for his friends.   Don't act like we wouldn't do the same in his position.   I do think this is a make it or break it year for Sutton though.  If the D bounces back he will stay but if we struggle again I think Clark will pressure Andy to make a change.  As for Andy getting fired, it would take multiple years of 4-12 to force Clark's hand.  That would also mean Pat Mahomes would be a huge bust along with the rest of this team.   Andy's job is one of the most secure jobs in the the NFL regardless if we make the SB.

43 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Hey why stop there then. I say we should have drafted LeVeon Bell with the first pick. He was the difference in the playoff game. Heck we should have taken Tom Brady instead of Sylvester Morris in 2000 with the 17th pick too  

If you redraft Fisher is still a first round pick without question.  He’s far from a bust.  

Who said bust?

The irony is the new NFL rules might help Reid and us.  Soon this league will be a flag football league and the defense won't be able to do anything anyways.  It's Big XII football baby and hopefully we've got the offense for it.  The only thing to counter Sutton's suckage is to make the rest of the defenses in the NFL suck also since they won't be able to play defense....

There were guys there that got drafted in the top 5 and 10 that would have been much better than Eric Fisher.  While overall, yes, the 2013 draft was pretty bad, the point is that there were alternatives to Eric Fisher in the top 10.  See:

Lane Johnson @ 4

Ziggy Ansah @ 5

2 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

There were guys there that got drafted in the top 5 and 10 that would have been much better than Eric Fisher.  While overall, yes, the 2013 draft was pretty bad, the point is that there were alternatives to Eric Fisher in the top 10.  See:

Lane Johnson @ 4

Ziggy Ansah @ 5

dude, quit with the hindsight GM.  The point is there wasn't 9 HOF's drafted in the top 10 right after we picked Fisher.  The entire draft was bad, even the guys you mentioned weren't the first players selected in their position (even excluding Fisher).

24 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

dude, quit with the hindsight GM.  The point is there wasn't 9 HOF's drafted in the top 10 right after we picked Fisher.  The entire draft was bad, even the guys you mentioned weren't the first players selected in their position (even excluding Fisher).

It may be hindsight GM crap, but it’s fair to question the decision making process of any team in any draft.  See the Cleveland Browns.  

15 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

It may be hindsight GM crap, but it’s fair to question the decision making process of any team in any draft.  See the Cleveland Browns.  

Since 2008, the Cleveland Browns are 38-122.  Andy Reid is 95-64.  We have won back to back division titles for the first time ever.  We've been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and won our first playoff game since 1993.  It's fair to question the organization's decision making.  But it's stupid to act like we are somehow comparable to the Cleveland Browns for picking Eric Fisher #1 overall and not Deandre Hopkins.  

4 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

If Marvin Lewis can still be employed, Andy Reid can be for another decade by just making the playoffs half the time win or lose.

Well then this fan base will go into full-blown meltdown mode if that happens.  Marvin Lewis should’ve been canned years ago.  The only thing that this fan base wants is a SB trophy, and regardless of how we’ve lost, Reid hasn’t shown that he can win when it counts in KC.  

16 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

Well then this fan base will go into full-blown meltdown mode if that happens.  Marvin Lewis should’ve been canned years ago.  The only thing that this fan base wants is a SB trophy, and regardless of how we’ve lost, Reid hasn’t shown that he can win when it counts in KC.  

If the fans have yet to go into a full- blown meltdown before they wont under the circumstance  you just mentioned

you evidently  have not been around long

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If the fans have yet to go into a full- blown meltdown before they wont under the circumstance  you just mentioned

you evidently  have not been around long

On this forum, no.  I’m not sure of your definition of long, considering you’re likely much older than I, but I’ve been watching this franchise fail for the past quarter century.  Yet, still we cheer in hopes of a brighter tomorrow.  And you may be right; if the fan base hasn’t melted down by now then it may never happen.  At least we keep finding new ways to lose each year.

45 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

Most people don't go into full meltdown mode when the team goes down 3-0 in the first quarter of the first game either. So we will take this prediction with a grain of salt. I'll take the Andy Reid-Pat Mahomes combo myself and roll the dice for the next 2-3 years. Beyond that I'll reevaluate. 

15 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

On this forum, no.  I’m not sure of your definition of long, considering you’re likely much older than I, but I’ve been watching this franchise fail for the past quarter century.  Yet, still we cheer in hopes of a brighter tomorrow.  And you may be right; if the fan base hasn’t melted down by now then it may never happen.  At least we keep finding new ways to lose each year.

they did'nt melt down  with RAC  or  those bad  years not the decades of post Super Bowl  butt fumbling where you could'nt give tickets away when the the stadium was new. The Chiefs fans realize .. I believe.. one thing that if  this team ever leaves because of a Full-Blown fan meltdown it will be the last football team this town will ever see.. 

Thankfully I think with Clark we have an owner that see's the storm coming and will be proactive in trying to divert such a fan melt down.. Lamar was not such an a owner

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Most people don't go into full meltdown mode when the team goes down 3-0 in the first quarter of the first game either. So we will take this prediction with a grain of salt. I'll take the Andy Reid-Pat Mahomes combo myself and roll the dice for the next 2-3 years. Beyond that I'll reevaluate. 

Which is exactly what I said in my OP....2020.  If it’s the same results with a different cast, how long do we keep Andy Reid?  I’m sick of the “who are we gonna get who’s better” argument, too.  Did anyone believe Doug Pederson would win a SB before Andy Reid?  Probably not.  Point is, there are plenty of guys in the talent pool hungry to prove themselves that don’t carry Reid’s bad habits.  

I think the only time the fanbase got close to full blown anger in the 25 years I’ve been a fan was in 2012, and mostly with Pioli. That guy was a cancer to the organization and bled the fun out of everyone. Has there been a worse year than 2012? I know the 70s and 80s we’re collectively rough.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

I think the only time the fanbase got close to full blown anger in the 25 years I’ve been a fan was in 2012, and mostly with Pioli. That guy was a cancer to the organization and bled the fun out of everyone. Has there been a worse year than 2012? I know the 70s and 80s we’re collectively rough.

70's and 80's were death by a thousand cuts..making a year like 2012 almost comedic 

Archived