Seth Keysor on later. 810whb. Matt Verderand/fansided interviewed ROASTING Bob Sutton

Matt Verderand of Fansided  said Bob Sutton is boring and should been fired after Indy loss.   Said opponents/teams can read his defense.  Said Suttons schemes don't attack,boring and predictable.   Said Vech should have tried to get CB Josh Jackson.  Also questioned why Sutton needs 'lots of great players' to field a good defense.

-Said should cut Allen Bailey and sign cb breeland.

-Likes NNadi and Speaks but said should have taken CB Jackson.

-Should have signed Safety Eric Reid.

Said Amerson is awful.  Should be cut.

Keysor said Hitch and Ragland are rusty.  Ragland looks tick slow.  Amerson is garbage and should be cut.  Said Sutton needs great players to run his scheme.  Questioned why that was.

Not worried about Eric Berry coming back.

I mean, I understand the frustration, I just don't know how you can see this far into the future after 3 pre-season games.

Bailey could still be cut to sign Breeland.  No one else has signed Breeland, maybe he's not healthy?

All we've seen is pre-season takes on Jackson.  You can't put him into the pro bowl yet

No one else has signed Eric Reid

Amerson.  Again, as frustrating as it is, not sure you can cut him just yet.

Guess that's why he's at fansided.

Eric reid is not the kind of safety we need.  We need a coverage guy next to berry.  

I did like josh jackson in the draft but he was no sure thing and we also needed a hali replacement.

lol to cutting bailey.  I mean that's fine and all but we're trading one problem for another.  I have a feeling some fans are only enamored with breeland until they see him play.  He's not an all pro corner.  He's a decent corner and he's had down years.

All DCs need great players to make their defense work.  That's just a stupid assertion.  

There are legitimate criticisms of sutton and then there's people freaking out.  This is the latter 

9 hours ago, dksww said:

I mean, I understand the frustration, I just don't know how you can see this far into the future after 3 pre-season games.

Bailey could still be cut to sign Breeland.  No one else has signed Breeland, maybe he's not healthy?

All we've seen is pre-season takes on Jackson.  You can't put him into the pro bowl yet

No one else has signed Eric Reid

Amerson.  Again, as frustrating as it is, not sure you can cut him just yet.

Well, for some (you) it apparently is difficult to see the forest for the trees.  This defense, under Bob Sutton, simply isn’t getting it done.  Now, unless you think that there is no talent on the defensive side of the ball, why in the hell would you keep Bob Sutton?  This defense has some talent on the line and still can’t get any pressure on the QB.  LBs being rusty - fine, that’s fixable.  But Eric Berry’s return ain’t gonna drastically change the secondary. Amerson needs to be cut without a doubt. He’s a liability back there who will burn us all year.  Murray and Sorensen are garbage too.  Nelson, who knows because he hasn’t played much.  I’m with them - cut these clowns and make a run at Breeland.  

16 minutes ago, xen said:

Guess that's why he's at fansided.

Eric reid is not the kind of safety we need.  We need a coverage guy next to berry.  

I did like josh jackson in the draft but he was no sure thing and we also needed a hali replacement.

lol to cutting bailey.  I mean that's fine and all but we're trading one problem for another.  I have a feeling some fans are only enamored with breeland until they see him play.  He's not an all pro corner.  He's a decent corner and he's had down years.

All DCs need great players to make their defense work.  That's just a stupid assertion.  

There are legitimate criticisms of sutton and then there's people freaking out.  This is the latter 

Nobody is a sure thing, but the point is that we all knew Jackson was an athletic CB who makes plays.  Chiefs thought CB wasn’t as important, obviously.  I live in WI and people can’t stop talking about the kid.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

They're not looking at Sutton in the future, they're judging his performance from the past.  Why should we believe he will change?

He won’t, he’s like Andy - STUBBORN and incapable of changing at this point.  He’s garbage and we’ve all known this for many years now.  Dude is right, he should’ve been gone after the 38-10 debacle.  I mean, who does that happen to besides the Chiefs???? Nobody!

26 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

He won’t, he’s like Andy - STUBBORN and incapable of changing at this point.  He’s garbage and we’ve all known this for many years now.  Dude is right, he should’ve been gone after the 38-10 debacle.  I mean, who does that happen to besides the Chiefs???? Nobody!

the pot calling the kettle black

47 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

Well, for some (you) it apparently is difficult to see the forest for the trees.  This defense, under Bob Sutton, simply isn’t getting it done.  Now, unless you think that there is no talent on the defensive side of the ball, why in the hell would you keep Bob Sutton?  This defense has some talent on the line and still can’t get any pressure on the QB.  LBs being rusty - fine, that’s fixable.  But Eric Berry’s return ain’t gonna drastically change the secondary. Amerson needs to be cut without a doubt. He’s a liability back there who will burn us all year.  Murray and Sorensen are garbage too.  Nelson, who knows because he hasn’t played much.  I’m with them - cut these clowns and make a run at Breeland.  

I understand all that and I'm more than capable to see the forest through the trees, but it's just the  pre-season.  If we were pitching shut outs on defense no one would take it seriously. 

I can hear the Chiefs' fans(you) and media already:  "Defense looks great, but it's just the pre-season and it's been mostly against back ups(or whatever excuse they want to make).  We can't tell anything until the regular season starts". 

The secondary has been a concern of all of ours all off-season.  I wanted B. Breeland signed as well, but there's obviously something up him because I know he's visited at least 7 teams and has yet to sign anywhere.

12 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

The predictability of Sutton's defensive schemes is what worries me.  You can see good offenses pickup on it quickly, just look at the playoff loss from last year.  

Good offenses?  It doesn’t take a good offense to pick on Sutton’s scheme as we saw this past week.  Sutton’s scheme made Chase Daniel look like Peyton Manning.  It’s been this way all preseason regardless of who we played.  

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

I understand all that and I'm more than capable to see the forest through the trees, but it's just the  pre-season.  If we were pitching shut outs on defense no one would take it seriously. 

I can hear the Chiefs' fans(you) and media already:  "Defense looks great, but it's just the pre-season and it's been mostly against back ups(or whatever excuse they want to make).  We can't tell anything until the regular season starts". 

The secondary has been a concern of all of ours all off-season.  I wanted B. Breeland signed as well, but there's obviously something up him because I know he's visited at least 7 teams and has yet to sign anywhere.

The most likely reality is that we’re going to experience some pain this year on the defensive side and it won’t be fun.  Sutton needs to go though and I’ve been saying it for years now.

5 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

Good offenses?  It doesn’t take a good offense to pick on Sutton’s scheme as we saw this past week.  Sutton’s scheme made Chase Daniel look like Peyton Manning.  It’s been this way all preseason regardless of who we played.  

I'm not going off of preseason as is anyone with any kind of football sense, preseason is a time for vanilla defenses, not showing your hand and making guys on defense do things they normally won't just to test it out since the score doesn't matter.  You seriously going off of preseason?

21 minutes ago, CHiefSP said:

The most likely reality is that we’re going to experience some pain this year on the defensive side and it won’t be fun.  Sutton needs to go though and I’ve been saying it for years now.

We all have.  I wanted him fired after the loss to the Colts in the playoffs after blowing a 38-10 halftime lead.

Once they moved on from Alex Smith and Marcus Peters I think most fans accepted this was going to be a year of transition and growing pains.

Worst case scenario if the defense sucks, then we all get our wish in Sutton getting fired.

The offense and Mahomes will be fine.

17 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I'm not going off of preseason as is anyone with any kind of football sense, preseason is a time for vanilla defenses, not showing your hand and making guys on defense do things they normally won't just to test it out since the score doesn't matter.  You seriously going off of preseason?

Yes, he is because it is the same thing we saw last year with no pass rush and WRs running wide open.  It's the same 4 man rush and soft zone coverage with DBs lining up 8 yards off the WR and the LOS.  Maybe Sutton and the Chiefs do have a different plan on defense they're not going to show in the pre-season.  Pretty smart if that's the case to show your old lousy defense in the pre-season.  But we just don't know until the regular season gets going.

But again, had the defense been pitching shut-outs this whole time, most fans that are always skeptical would then be willing to blow it off as "just pre-season" but the won't now because they look correct in their opinion the defense won't be any better this season. 

It's always, always about trying to be right.

Everyone wants to roast Sutton, but hasn't the Chiefs defense been one of the top 5 in the category of "least amount of points giving up" since he has been the Chiefs DC? That counts for something guys and gals. Read an article that stated the vaunted Chiefs defenses under Marty never could claim that "title".

Everyone wants to roast Sutton, but the roasters want to cut one of the DL players, starting CB, the safeties not named Eric Berry. How the hell is a DC supposed to field a good defense if you honestly think all of these players are garbage?

The Chiefs defense during the preseason has hardly played with its regular season starters at safety and linebacker. Of course the corners are going to be exposed when your safety help is 2nd stringers at best and the OLB's are not generating pressure. And the run defense isn't anything to write home about because it has been missing the combo of regular season starters. You guys are judging a DC that has a relatively good resume while in KC as a whole because of 3 preseason games that has not included many starters. I shake my head.

This is the analogy I have playing in my head when I think of this rational: You want your wife to cook lamb when the fridge only contains chicken. 

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

https://fansided.com/author/mattverderame/

https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1033489118741839872

er.com/MattVerderame/status/1033570208995319808 ter.com/MattVerderame/status/1033570208995319808

So his credentials are he cries during Rudy? Sean Astin probably loves this guy.

Archived