Khalil Mack traded to Bears

dksww

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Bears in the long run probably were fleeced. Two 1st rounders plus still having to sign him to a big ass contract will probably come back and bite them. However, good for the Chiefs, the Raiders D just took a major step backwards. 

no way, the Raiders were absolutely fleeced. 

6 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Bears in the long run probably were fleeced. Two 1st rounders plus still having to sign him to a big ass contract will probably come back and bite them. However, good for the Chiefs, the Raiders D just took a major step backwards. 

Nah.  Khalil Mack so far is charting towards a HoF kind of career and with Leonard Floyd on the other side and a genius coordinator like Vic Fangio, I actually like this move a hell of a lot for Chicago.

I like it a hell lot more than paying Sammy Watkins what we gave him.  The Bears are efficiently taking advantage of a cheap rookie deal QB.

It's some what similar to what the Vikings did when we sent them Jared Allen.  It almost paid off.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Wow. I think it is bad news for us. Instead of the Raiders having to throw fat stacks at Mack they get 2 high 1st round picks. Unless the Bears really kick as in a tough division,.

I think this is a win for Raiders.

Why?  They let a legit elite tier pass-rusher walk out the door and Jon Gruden is making those picks.  They are going to blow that return.

"We were excited. I called Matt (Nagy) today & told him the Bears & the Chiefs got better today."  -Veach

This is the same team that traded a 3rd round pick for a WR that couldn't stop smoking weed and was on a contract year, who was cut today because he got caught smoking weed again.  I'm not concerned.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Why?  They let a legit elite tier pass-rusher walk out the door and Jon Gruden is making those picks.  They are going to blow that return.

"We were excited. I called Matt (Nagy) today & told him the Bears & the Chiefs got better today."  -Veach

This is the same team that traded a 3rd round pick for a WR that couldn't stop smoking weed and was on a contract year, who was cut today because he got caught smoking weed again.  I'm not concerned.

Hope so. Raiders are definitely worse this year. No doubt about that.

With Khalil Mack, Leonard Floyd and Vic Fangio shuffling the pieces all around I think the D alone is going to get the Bears to 8-8. 

Jordan Howard in an Andy Reid kind of Offense and Trubisky (who I know the Chiefs loved, a lot) throwing to actual NFL caliber receivers, the Raiders probably shouldn't anticipate those first rounders to be high ones.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

With Khalil Mack, Leonard Floyd and Vic Fangio shuffling the pieces all around I think the D alone is going to get the Bears to 8-8. 

Jordan Howard in an Andy Reid kind of Offense and Trubisky (who I know the Chiefs loved, a lot) throwing to actual NFL caliber receivers, the Raiders probably shouldn't anticipate those first rounders to be high ones.

Yeah i think the bears make a legit jump into being respectable this year and are in the playoff race next year.  

Bears are on the rise.  Khalil Mack was the best player in our division, just no one noticed or cared cause the faiders fucking suck.

17 hours ago, DieHard said:

Wow. I think it is bad news for us. Instead of the Raiders having to throw fat stacks at Mack they get 2 high 1st round picks. Unless the Bears really kick as in a tough division,.

The first round picks HAVE to work out and that's a crap shoot.  The Raiders are a train wreck right now.  They just cut Martavis Bryant after giving up a 3rd round pick to get him during the 2018 draft.  That is an awful move.  They gave up a 2019 5th round pick to BUF for McCarron. 

I mean, it's just laughable right now.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:25 PM, DieHard said:

Respectfully disagree.  The Raiders lose a top five player, probably the top defensive player at the most important defensive position.  Two first round picks?  Whoopie doo!  Look back at the first round picks of the Raiders over the past twenty years and tell me which two are worth more than Mack and what are the odds that they would get those picks in two consecutive years.  All the Raiders did was avoid a huge payday for a proven top player.  If a franchise trades off a player of such quality to save money or cap space, they will never become consistent Lombardi threats.  JMHO

• 2 months later...

Looking back on it right now

Khalil Mack
2020 2nd round pick

for

2019 1st round pick
2019 6th round pick
2020 1st round pick
2020 3rd round pick

Right now its looking like the Raiders will be picking high and the Bears will be picking low in each round.

With the Bears getting the Raiders 2020 2nd round pick back in the trade, that first rounder is actually going to just be merely a swap of 10-15 draft spots.

The Raiders will absolutely have to spend a first to get a talent that could match the ability of a Khalil Mack, so wipe that out in the gains.

So ultimately they dumped an All-Pro to gain a 6th round pick, 10-15 slot boost and a 3rd round pick.  I stand by my word that the Bears absolutely won that trade and the Raiders were idiots for doing it.  Lmao Raiders

What is most likely is that the Raiders will be the winners of this. They traded a great player with a crippling cap number for a two good players that are dirt cheap.  I think we can assume you can get good players in the first round. Maybe one bust and one really good player.

We chose to make Houston the highest paid non-QB in football. Not saying that was the wrong decision, but looking back you could make an argument that the smart play would be to sell high and buy low. Two first round picks will get you any franchised players and we never see teams stepping up to that.

I hope Mack is awesome and I hope the Raiders screw those picks up.

11 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Aside from Amari and Khalil, these are the remainder of the Raiders last 10 first round draft picks. 

Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Rolando McCain, D J Hayden, Karl Joseph, Gareon Conley and Kolton Miller.  Think about that for a minute. 

25 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Aside from Amari and Khalil, these are the remainder of the Raiders last 10 first round draft picks. 

Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Rolando McCain, D J Hayden, Karl Joseph, Gareon Conley and Kolton Miller.  Think about that for a minute. 

I thought you were quoting the extras from the walking dead. 

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

What is most likely is that the Raiders will be the winners of this. They traded a great player with a crippling cap number for a two good players that are dirt cheap.  I think we can assume you can get good players in the first round. Maybe one bust and one really good player.

We chose to make Houston the highest paid non-QB in football. Not saying that was the wrong decision, but looking back you could make an argument that the smart play would be to sell high and buy low. Two first round picks will get you any franchised players and we never see teams stepping up to that.

The smart move would have been extending Houston before he had a career year, but Dorsey was a dumbass.  His play was clear that his ability wasn't a mirage.

I think teams value draft picks way too much.  Sometimes you just need to keep the really good player.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:20 PM, liquidfriend said:

The smart move would have been extending Houston before he had a career year, but Dorsey was a dumbass.  His play was clear that his ability wasn't a mirage.

I think teams value draft picks way too much.  Sometimes you just need to keep the really good player.

I’ve always argued the value of picks. Big time overrated.

proven players vs. a gamble... hmmm

Archived