Explanation of Litton cut

42 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I thought they may go with two QBs and Litton on the PS.  

Exactly. I would be shocked if Litton isn't put on the PS. Obviously McGloin can't be put there and I think KC didn't want to dump any of them but couldn't keep 4 on the active roster so this is their solution.

Is there any interest in Chad Henne?  I know that sounds crazy but it seems like the only logical reason you take experience and a low ceiling for qb #3 over less experience and much higher ceiling.   Henne did look good this preseason.   Otherwise I have no idea why we kept McGloin.  

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Is there any interest in Chad Henne?  I know that sounds crazy but it seems like the only logical reason you take experience and a low ceiling for qb #3 over less experience and much higher ceiling.   Henne did look good this preseason.   Otherwise I have no idea why we kept McGloin.  

No, that's crazy.  I don't think there is any interest in Henne right now, but there certainly could be if teams have a run on injuries or may not like what they see from their #2 QB in practice.

I wouldn't keep 3 QBs either because back up QBs are the last person you want in the game so why you would have 3 total is beyond me.

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I thought they may go with two QBs and Litton on the PS.  

It might be that, with all the attention and coaching on Mahomes during the upcoming season, a young guy with a cannon arm like LItton simply needs more coaching attention and reps to develop.  They did him a favor.  I like having a third with more experience.

17 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I bet NE, Philly, TB and a few others would disagree. All of them won SBs with their #2 QB.

You’ve got to have a competent backup in this league. I’m just not quite getting what plan or hope for McGloin is as the third guy.  I’m sure there is one though.  

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It might be that, with all the attention and coaching on Mahomes during the upcoming season, a young guy with a cannon arm like LItton simply needs more coaching attention and reps to develop.  They did him a favor.  I like having a third with more experience.

I like Henne with more experience as the backup, but still don't see a role for McGloin.  If Litton is kept on the practice squad, then he could be promoted to the active roster if both Mahomes and Henne went down.  If Litton was grabbed by another team, then address that problem when it comes.  I doubt that McGloin is going anywhere and could be available with a week's notice.  Agree that Litton needs more time and coaching whether on the roster or practice squad, but that doesn't mean using a roster spot on McGloin.  JMHO

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I like Henne with more experience as the backup, but still don't see a role for McGloin.  If Litton is kept on the practice squad, then he could be promoted to the active roster if both Mahomes and Henne went down.  If Litton was grabbed by another team, then address that problem when it comes.  I doubt that McGloin is going anywhere and could be available with a week's notice.  Agree that Litton needs more time and coaching whether on the roster or practice squad, but that doesn't mean using a roster spot on McGloin.  JMHO

That's true, IF you can sneak Litton onto the PS without him getting grabbed up.  Risky.

Sorry, Fanatic.  I didn't see your post.  That's good news.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs released McGloin.  Glad they listen to me.  😊

Goes without saying that the Chiefs ALWAYS wanted to move Litton to PS.   They had to hold onto McGloin to see if Litton would clear waivers.  Once he did,  they released McGloin.  That was the plan all along.  But now Chiefs go with two quarterbacks.   That is really uncharacteristic of Andy Reid teams.  Glad it happened.  My guess is McGloin will not be picked up but will catch on with somebody after injuries strike.

Archived