Roster is in: Update Your Prediction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berry "could" be done.   Berry or not,  OT and I for about the last 10 years or so seem to have the same prediction.  7 and 9 seems about right.   If we had Alex Smith I would have said 10 and 6 (and lose in the first round of the playoffs)  But I do not have the confidence in Mahomes that many of you do.

The defense is what it is, middle of the pack, at best.  

Can they score enough points to make up for the lack of defense?The oline is key.  If they can protect Mahomes, and open some holes in the running game, then I can see a ceiling of 11-5.  If they struggle and the offense sputters, it could be an ugly 5-11.

I will go with 9-7.

7-9. Tough schedule. Miserable secondary. Without Berry back there it would be the worst secondary in the NFL from a personnel standpoint.

The fact that we are 6 weeks from our season opener and really dont know who our starting FS, is speaks volumes.

Eager to see the development of Mahomes and our defensive front 7. Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough on the o-line with one of these unheralded youngsters?

I'm going with a really exciting 9-7, 2nd in the west to LA.  The D will pull defeat out of the jaws of victory a time or two, and PM will pull out a game or two that AS wouldn't have.  Not sure about the playoffs, but if the Chiefs make it in, nobody will want to play them.

Can't wait!

7-9.    Elite skill position talent but inexperienced QB and erratic oline will make offense fun but likely inconsistent group. I think Veach went all in to upgrade front seven and I think it will show as season progresses.  Any injury to a starter in the secondary is a disaster though.  Formula for winning with young QB is to field upper tier defense .  We don’t have that.  

If Andy gets us back in the playoffs he should win NFL Coach of the Year.  

Big Red can coach them to 9 - 7.

Too many holes in defense and the O-line is still too shaky for more than 9 wins.

I just hope Mahomes stays healthy through the year. 

And, for those of us used to accurate, conservative, high percentage Smith, Mahomes this year will be an adventure.

Archived