Roster is in: Update Your Prediction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also from a historical standpoint Andy Reid has a losing season following about every 5.5 years since year one.  

And what’s compelling and does seem relevant is that only 6 times in 19 seasons have his teams failed to make the postseason.  But in 4 of the 6 seasons following that he not only got to the playoffs but won games there as well.  

Maybe some of us are selling this particular team short. It’s just very rare for a two time defending division champ to go through this much turnover.  But maybe Andy’s just willing to take a step backward in order to take two forward?

This is so tough this year. So many questions. I'm thinking Andy Reid has never had a losing record as Chiefs HC. On top of that...Andy is 8-3 in road openers to start a season. That's pretty impressive. And as a third blip...Andy has had the Chargers number for the past 8 games in a row. Andy is in their head.

I mention all this because I think the first game will go a long way in dictating whether we have a winning season or a losing season. If we can at least be 3-3 after the first six I think we end up 10-6. If we lose to the Chargers it just seems in my gut we will be about a 7-9 team.

22 hours ago, dhitter said:

This is so tough this year. So many questions. I'm thinking Andy Reid has never had a losing record as Chiefs HC. On top of that...Andy is 8-3 in road openers to start a season. That's pretty impressive. And as a third blip...Andy has had the Chargers number for the past 8 games in a row. Andy is in their head.

I mention all this because I think the first game will go a long way in dictating whether we have a winning season or a losing season. If we can at least be 3-3 after the first six I think we end up 10-6. If we lose to the Chargers it just seems in my gut we will be about a 7-9 team.

There’s real opportunity this Sunday. If we could steal this thing we’d essentially have a 2 game lead the way I see it with a road win over our biggest threat to the division title.  Pressure is on them with Pro Bowl veteran QB against a 22 year old making his first meaningful start   

I do however agree finding a way to get 3 wins in this brutal stretch is probably key to playoffs.  That’s gonna be awfully tough the way our secondary has looked so far.  

1 hour ago, dksww said:

No offense to anyone, but nothing is determined, good or bad, in the first game of a 16 game season.

Nobody is saying anything is determined. That’s silly. But it would be huge to go on the road in the division.and beat a team that many consider the favorites. You essentially jump to an instant two game lead on them and would buy a young team some margin for error. 

But especially a blow to the phyche of a team you’ve already beaten 8 times in a row.  Ask Phillip Rivers about the game this week. 

Without knowing much about the Chiefs this offseason, I'll give it a try. Just looking at the schedule on paper I see loses to Pitt, NE,  Raiders, Chargers, Seahawks and at least once loss the Chiefs should have won. I can also see a worse record, but I'll be positive and say 10-6. 

52 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't really do season predictions but i will predict the first game as a chiefs win.  Chargers are overrated and that streak last year was built on beating creampuffs.  Chargers didn't win any games against good teams last year.  

Bet true and when we did the same thing in 2010 playing weak schedule they roasted us for it but we did win the division that year. I cant see Chargers winning it like we did because it is a much better division this year.

• 2 weeks later...

16 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I know it's early but reading some of the post one would have thought the Chiefs should be 0-2 by now? Any changes on your prediction? I still say 11-5.

I'd like my crow stewed, please.  Thought the Chiefs might have a chance against the LAC, but not against the Steelers, even without Bell.  2-4 in the first six games seemed reasonable with 6-4 or 7-3 in the remaining games at best.  Time to do a reset.  The Chiefs should beat most of the AFC West.  NE and JAX are the only ones I'd say they're underdogs at this time and NE didn't look so unbeatable today.  The Rams will be tough but I like the odds against SEA, AZ, and SFO.  Cincy and the Brownies have good possibilities.  11-5 seems doable, especially if some rookie DB appears or Berry comes back effectively.  Good time to be a Chiefs' fan.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:55 PM, kkuenn said:

11-5. We win 4 of first 6 with losses to NE and Pittsburgh, maybe Pitt.

We grind it out against Jax as their offense cant score but ours can and win against SD, Denver, SF.

Well if we dont screw the pooch the next few games we might go 12-4.....

I had my prediction in the other topic at 9-7. Looks like I was way off unless we see a major meltdown. This team is headed for double digit wins. 11 is very likely, could be more if we can make some short term improvements on defense. Opponents will adjust but there's not much they can do about so many weapons.

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'd like my crow stewed, please.  Thought the Chiefs might have a chance against the LAC, but not against the Steelers, even without Bell.  2-4 in the first six games seemed reasonable with 6-4 or 7-3 in the remaining games at best.  Time to do a reset.  The Chiefs should beat most of the AFC West.  NE and JAX are the only ones I'd say they're underdogs at this time and NE didn't look so unbeatable today.  The Rams will be tough but I like the odds against SEA, AZ, and SFO.  Cincy and the Brownies have good possibilities.  11-5 seems doable, especially if some rookie DB appears or Berry comes back effectively.  Good time to be a Chiefs' fan.

I like the crow BBQ'd with a side of onion rings.  I'm gonna go ahead and say my prediction was way off, but i'll let it stand so others can make fun of it.

Archived