The Peters Trade

When a player throws a flag into the stands or kick an intercepted football into the crowd, he's making a statement.  "It's all about me.  I'm putting myself above the team."  Peters wanted attention more than winning.  He cared nothing about the 15 yds. he gave away just to make a personal statement.  A few more interceptions just isn't worth it.  He was on good behavior for a while after paying for his antics in college, but his true nature couldn't be suppressed long term.  Time to move on.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, DieHard said:

I think it is worthy of note that the first Raiders game with Peters, Carr put up 417 yards and 31 points 0 picks and we lost.

with Peters suspended for the second game, he put up 211 yards and 15 points 2 picks and we won.

In fact, we played our best defensive game of the year in my opinion. Not saying that was all because of Peters being suspended, but they seemed to play harder across the board.

One was a sloppy shitfest Thursday night game on the road (they all are--look at last night) and the other one wasn't.

I don't think it's a great compare/contrast scenario.

Archived