Which players will be gone after this season? Big changes?

I think possibly all depending on what happens this year.

Berry will still be too expensive to cut unless he isn’t the same guy and takes an injury settlement.

Houston is very good but the dead money drops from 21 mill to 7. If he gets 22 sacks again, then definitely not. If he gets 9.5 and Speaks and Kpass look easy, then yes.

Hard to see Ford or Bailey returning.

2 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

1. Eric Berry?           Coaches

2. Allen Bailey?           1. Sutton

3. Justin Houston?     2. Sutton

4. Dee ford                 3. Sutton

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/04/03/kansas-city-chiefs-look-offensive-tackle-2019-nfl-draft/2/

I fixed it.

We are stuck with Berry until 2021 unless he can't go and we settle.   I think we keep Houston even at 9.5 sacks as long as he still can be a great all around OLB.   Houston can be easily cut after next season as well.   I don't think we pay Dee Ford or resign Bailey.    Cutting both Houston and Ford would leave us with two young OLBs and little to no depth.    I think the focus will be all on secondary with an OLineman and Dlineman needed for depth.   I pray Berry comes back healthy and can give us a couple great years.   If would make that SB run a lot more realistic if he did, same for Houston.

Good grief!  The current season hasn't even started yet.  It depends on what Berry's health situation is in December, but he'll be here next year.  Ford is gone if Kpass and Speaks play well and improve with experience.  Houston will depend solely on his performance this season.  Bailey is probably gone.  Just guessing.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good grief!  The current season hasn't even started yet.  It depends on what Berry's health situation is in December, but he'll be here next year.  Ford is gone if Kpass and Speaks play well and improve with experience.  Houston will depend solely on his performance this season.  Bailey is probably gone.  Just guessing.

Pretty much the way I see it.

I don't see any way Ford or Bailey returns after this season. Neither are good enough to justify their current earnings but might get some cash in FA to bring in comp. picks.

Berry talk is pointless, he'll be back unless he retires due to some injury which is the case for most players. 

I'm expecting a switch from Morse to Erving or someone else at OC. For some reason the staff keep looking for a replacement and Morse might have more value in FA than he does in KC. 

Houston will likely stay after a decent season. We don't need the cash to be saved from his release so his job is safe as a solid 3-4 OLB. 

Xavier Williams might leave if Nnadi turns out to be the real deal. The contract is already a 1-year thing and he only stays if he does a really good job (hopefully he does). Would be great to give the youngster another year in the rotation before taking over.

Sorensen is gone IMO. We are very thin at the position to send him packing this year and the dead money doesn't justify it but that won't be the case next year. 

Can't see giving a guy with a bad back a big contract. So to me Ford is an obvious cut. That said if he goes out and produces 10 sacks and is okay in the running game some people may change their tune. But for me I'd just see the comp pick.  We can save almost 30 million vs CAP by cutting Houston after this season. But I think if he stays healthy we would likely rework his contact. He's still our best defensive player and only 29 years old. Of course on this team that seems pretty old, but its not. 

Archived