is anyone else done with EB?

Character Counts. He is not even on PUP. He is doing whatever it takes. He is an fine example for younger players, inspires great work ethic and a fearless leader. Any player is one play away from a career ending injury or one accident away. Sometimes life is not about the money the contract. How do you give up on a guy like ERIC Berry? What example would that set for the entire organization? I am rooting for Berry as a person and as a fan that knows KC needs him on the field.

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I have no reason to be done with him. The guy is a fighter and can play the game when healthy. Life isn't fair and the NFL can end a career in a single hit, not his fault. If he's healthy, he's a game changer. 

Eric has his fans.  I noticed you said  'if he'  a lot.

As chief fans we all want him to play great. Without a doubt he is are best safety. And definitely the leader of are team. In his 8 years here he has missed around 40 games. Bad luck or not the guy misses a lot of time. That's not who I would of made the highest paid safety in the league 3rd highest paid player on the team. Yes he is an easy guy to root for the cap money tied up to a player that not playing does nothing for us. Yes I know it's not my money. That said I hope he makes me eat my words and plays the way he can and leads the team on the field.

Nope. That man is the heart and soul of the Chiefs and has overcome ridiculous, life threatening challenges to step back in the field for this team. I know it's a business, but if it were my decision he would have a spot on this roster for as long as he were able to suit up. That is the big question, however. Can he suit up.

11 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

the guy has over come tremendous odds, but its time to get rid of him.  I think the chemo did him in as a football player!!!!!!!!!!

shut up, this is the dumbest statement ever.

If Eric Berry was "injured" enough to be out for an extended time, the Chiefs would've already put him on IR or PUP so they could use the roster spot for someone else.

*whispers* beyond contrary belief and what you listen to on Sports Talk Radio, the Chiefs are not morons.

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

shut up, this is the dumbest statement ever.

If Eric Berry was "injured" enough to be out for an extended time, the Chiefs would've already put him on IR or PUP so they could use the roster spot for someone else.

*whispers* beyond contrary belief and what you listen to on Sports Talk Radio, the Chiefs are not morons.

Dumbest post ever?  You obviously have not been here very long, I've said a lot of dumber shit than that!!!!!!!!!!!  My point is I do not think his body has fully recovered from the chemo, and he may never be able to stay healthy again.  yes, he is the heart and soul of the defense, but how long can you be a leader from the bench?  We need to start preparing to find his replacement!

14 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Dumbest post ever?  You obviously have not been here very long, I've said a lot of dumber shit than that!!!!!!!!!!!  My point is I do not think his body has fully recovered from the chemo, and he may never be able to stay healthy again.  yes, he is the heart and soul of the defense, but how long can you be a leader from the bench?  We need to start preparing to find his replacement!

You need to quit listening to and regurgitating sports talk radio.

Berry is a borderline HOF player.  The Chiefs should and will give him every chance he needs to get healthy.

Again, IF he was "injured" enough to be out a substantial length of time, the Chiefs would have put him IR to free up a roster spot for someone else.

46 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

The frustration with his never ending injuries is understandable. But he came back AFTER the chemo and had the best season of his career in 2016. And he was an absolute beast against Gronk in the opener last year. Point is we need to give the heel thing time to heal. If they don't think its serious then why rush him. He's locked in CAP wise for two more years and I think this team would be January ready as early as next year. So why rush this or panic right now.  

1 hour ago, dksww said:

You need to quit listening to and regurgitating sports talk radio.

Berry is a borderline HOF player.  The Chiefs should and will give him every chance he needs to get healthy.

Again, IF he was "injured" enough to be out a substantial length of time, the Chiefs would have put him IR to free up a roster spot for someone else.

I love Berry but borderline HOF player is quite the reach. 

Berry is the kind of guy every team would love to have... if he stays healthy. He is in the same boat as JJ Watt. Seems like a leader and high character guy, but he has to see the field and not missing more than half the season. Otherwise his salary is wasted from a football perspective.

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

I love Berry but borderline HOF player is quite the reach. 

I did say borderline, but as of now he's a 5 time pro bowler and 3 time 1st team all-pro.  If he stays healthy and keeps getting these accolades I'm not sure what else you could ask for in a HOF defensive player.

Wouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er and defensive players have a hard time getting in at all.

Also, I just saw this:

Soren PetroVerified account @SorenPetro 24h24 hours agoANDY REID: Berry had a great day of work today (workouts with trainers and strength people). If he’s ready, he’s ready and if he’s not, he’s not. We’ll see if he can practice and go from there.

I love EB as much as anyone, but availability is the most important factor.  It doesn’t matter how talented you are if you’re not on the field using it.  He misses too many games, and the defense always suffers because of it.  I think this offseason it’s time to get serious about finding his replacement, rather than wasting time with mid round pick projects in hopes they can become serviceable in a couple years. 

Archived