is anyone else done with EB?

33 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Barry injury more serious than we thought.   Wish we knew more

2nd time I've seen you say that.  Got any proof of that counselor, or are you just talkin' out yo ass?

I'm not saying it is or isn't, only stating the obvious, that you don't know either.

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

Barry injury more serious than we thought.   Wish we knew more

Personally I don't. I liked it better when there wasn't 24 hours of ANYTHING on TV. People and the media scrutinize and question every little thing that it's getting to the point I just don't care anymore.

Bring back the blue law, getting rid of 24 hour TV, ban cell phones and lower the drinking age back to 18. (If you're mature enough to vote, old enough to die in the country's military, old enough to be charged with raping your 17 year 11 month old girlfriend then you should be old enough to have a beer.)

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Personally I don't. I liked it better when there wasn't 24 hours of ANYTHING on TV. People and the media scrutinize and question every little thing that it's getting to the point I just don't care anymore.

Bring back the blue law, getting rid of 24 hour TV, ban cell phones and lower the drinking age back to 18. (If you're mature enough to vote, old enough to die in the country's military, old enough to be charged with raping your 17 year 11 month old girlfriend then you should be old enough to have a beer.)

Settle down grandpa or we're takin you back to the home!

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I just feel we've become so consumed with instant everything that people tend to lose it when they can't get what they want.

That is true.  Just messin with ya.  I thought for a second you were going to yell at us for being on your lawn 

Whatever he is, he is an on-the-field coach, a mentor, and an inspirer.  So he is still of great use in that young developing secondary, even if it is advice from the bench...but over the long term and at that price, he is a liability, along with a gigantic amount of dead money.  It's telling that after all these weeks, the team still is absolutely mum about a diagnosis.  We always know within a day when a player has an injury, exactly what ligaments or tissues are involved, the results of the MRI, etc.  But all we hear about Berry is that he has a "sore heel."  There is more to this than we are being told, because it is so against the grain of the team to not tell us if it is a heel bruise or plantar fasciitis.  We are not being told something, and I have to think it's for a reason. My own belief is that the team wants him to get well enough to have a few terrific games, then trade him straight up for draft picks.  And yes, chemotherapy is very hard on a body over the long term.  It speeds up the aging of tissues a little.   I love the guy, so I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see him coaching the secondary some day.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Whatever he is, he is an on-the-field coach, a mentor, and an inspirer.  So he is still of great use in that young developing secondary, even if it is advice from the bench...but over the long term and at that price, he is a liability, along with a gigantic amount of dead money.  It's telling that after all these weeks, the team still is absolutely mum about a diagnosis.  We always know within a day when a player has an injury, exactly what ligaments or tissues are involved, the results of the MRI, etc.  But all we hear about Berry is that he has a "sore heel."  There is more to this than we are being told, because it is so against the grain of the team to not tell us if it is a heel bruise or plantar fasciitis.  We are not being told something, and I have to think it's for a reason. My own belief is that the team wants him to get well enough to have a few terrific games, then trade him straight up for draft picks.  And yes, chemotherapy is very hard on a body over the long term.  It speeds up the aging of tissues a little.   I love the guy, so I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see him coaching the secondary some day.

Really. Who trades for a injury risk , high salaried player, coming off a torn tendon at a position that several experienced players are still available/free agents? The fact he is not on PUP may be a good sign.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Really. Who trades for a injury risk , high salaried player, coming off a torn tendon at a position that several experienced players are still available/free agents? The fact he is not on PUP may be a good sign.

After a few good games, some desperate team will give us some draft picks. Who?  Well....dumb teams.  Like the Raiders and a few others.  This is all a theory, not a prediction.  Its that or take the dead money hit, write it off as a mistake, and try to make lemonade.

I think Smith summarized Berry's impact the best when talking after our lone playoff win over a few decades. Berry is the heart and soul of this team and not only the defense. Players look up to him and his presence changes a lot of things for the youngsters. He's a real leader and a de-facto coach which is very hard to come by in pro sports these days. 

I could never be done with a guy like Eric berry. He’s a man we could all hope to be. He’s had some bad luck and the contract seemed right at the time. He was the best safety in the league arguably. I hope he comes back and shoved it rivers ass.

56 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

it was just mentioned on the radio that EB's this years salary is twice that of the rest of the backfield  combined

That's because they only have one quality DB after him, who is fetching rookie salary.  I don't think that quote is exactly accurate either.

People should step back from the ledge.  The guy did have cancer not long ago, it has a long term effect on your body and they're going to be super precautionary with him when you combine the Achilles injury with that.  

On 9/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, oldtimer said:

it was just mentioned on the radio that EB's this years salary is twice that of the rest of the backfield  combined

That's because we keep sending DBs packing rather than paying them and expect Berry to make them all beasts. Lack of investment at DB gave us the opportunity to spend freely in multiple positions but I think it's about time we change that. 

11 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

I AM HEARING WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT BERRY'S RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND HIS COACHING IN THE LOCKER ROOM.

I DON'T CARE.  If we can get rid of him after this year then YES DO IT.

I know he is good at coaching up young players and inspiring by example, but if he preaches about healing souls, he ought to try "heeling his sole" instead.

(Its ok to groan now)

Archived