kckingdom. Agree with this article. Breeland Speaks should start.

https://kckingdom.com/2018/09/06/kansas-city-chiefs-five-players-watch-chargers/2/

I will never understand starting Dee Ford on earlier downs. Both Tanoh Kpassagnon and even Breeland Speaks have shown enough to earn those early-down snaps. One could also make a case for winning passing down snaps over Ford this preseason. With Ford being the guy across from Houston, he will have to find a way to generate pressure on Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers. Both of the starting tackles on the Chargers offensive line are weaker talents that should be exploitable for even the likes of Ford.

I would start Speaks on running downs and Kpass on passing downs. Ford would only be there to give Houston of breather. Ford has only produced on the left side and then was a huge liability in the run. He is just too light in the ass to set the edge and make the tackle.

From Today's depth chart:

Defense

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Yeah im done with dee ford as a starter. Rotate him in as needed. Let speaks get the start

I get the feeling Ford is only going to get starts early and will only stay in that role if he performs.  I think his leash is pretty darn short this year, so if he isn't a difference maker early, my money is on Speaks and/or Tanoh start getting a bunch of reps.

Archived