Chargers vs Chiefs this Sunday...what say you?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

23-21 Chiefs

Chargers are more talented, but Lynn is a second rate coach when compared to Andy Reid.

I'm going to be focused most on Wylie, as he's going to be the key for that Offense.  If he struggles, it's going to be a long year.  

Lmao. We had a terrible LG all year last season and had the 5th ranked offense in football. 

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

23-21 Chiefs

Chargers are more talented, but Lynn is a second rate coach when compared to Andy Reid.

I'm going to be focused most on Wylie, as he's going to be the key for that Offense.  If he struggles, it's going to be a long year.  

The Chiefs said today Cam Erving will be the starting LG going forward.

KC  24

SD 21

A young QBs best friend is the run game. 

Kareem Hunt last year went for 155 and 125 against SD.   Their run D i don't think has gotten any better.  They gave up almost 5yds a pop last year on the ground.   Our line isn't any worse than it was last year and now with Ware back they will have trouble stopping both Hunt and Ware. 

Rivers is a year older at 37 and  didn't do much against a bad D last year.  While our D maybe didn't get much better it isn't worse on the whole either.   

Reid is 4 and 1 in openers and will out coach Lynn. 

So we have these players unavailable for the Chargers:

Hunter Henry - Highly skilled TE, 2nd favorite target (behind K. Allen) for Rivers last year

Jason Verrett - Widely viewed as half (the other being C. Hayward) of the best DB combo in the NFL.

Corey Liuget - Charger's best Defensive stopper up front and a thorn in the Chief's side since he's been in the NFL.

Joey Bosa - Pass rusher extraordinaire who may just be scratching the surface of his ability.

I think if you tried to name the top 10 players on the Charger's roster you very well include all four of these guys in your list. Will we miss Berry? Certainly. However, for the consensus of experts to still go with them over the Chiefs blows my mind a little. That and the fact that Rivers has a history of imploding when he plays us. They very well may beat us on Sunday, they are probably the 2nd most talented team in our division, even with their missing pieces and are playing at home. If we get a lead on these guys I just see them saying "Here we go again" and "We just can't beat these guys". We used to never be able to beat Denver, teams go through cycles. The key to this game will be, can we force them to kick field goals instead of scoring TD's. The loss of Henry is BIG in that regard. I say we hold them off 27-23 and their having to kick three field goals is the difference.

1 minute ago, Dan4pres said:

So we have these players unavailable for the Chargers:

Hunter Henry - Highly skilled TE, 2nd favorite target (behind K. Allen) for Rivers last year

Jason Verrett - Widely viewed as half (the other being C. Hayward) of the best DB combo in the NFL.

Corey Liuget - Charger's best Defensive stopper up front and a thorn in the Chief's side since he's been in the NFL.

Joey Bosa - Pass rusher extraordinaire who may just be scratching the surface of his ability.

I think if you tried to name the top 10 players on the Charger's roster you very well include all four of these guys in your list. Will we miss Berry? Certainly. However, for the consensus of experts to still go with them over the Chiefs blows my mind a little. That and the fact that Rivers has a history of imploding when he plays us. They very well may beat us on Sunday, they are probably the 2nd most talented team in our division, even with their missing pieces and are playing at home. If we get a lead on these guys I just see them saying "Here we go again" and "We just can't beat these guys". We used to never be able to beat Denver, teams go through cycles. The key to this game will be, can we force them to kick field goals instead of scoring TD's. The loss of Henry is BIG in that regard. I say we hold them off 27-23 and their having to kick three field goals is the difference.

I just realized that we had very similar losses during our playoff loss last year:

Henry = Kelce

Verrett = Berry

Liuget = Jones

Bosa = Ford

...and we all know how that turned out.

Archived