Chargers vs Chiefs this Sunday...what say you?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to pick the Chargers but I'm not so sure. I think the Chiefs can win.  A lot of the pundits are hyping the Chargers, but from my experience watching football over the years, they're not alway right, and are wrong on many occasions. They've hyped teams in the past (including the Chiefs) and it's almost never played out that way.  I'm picking the Chiefs.

33 minutes ago, Calichief said:

No Berry.

no w

imo

close game after they settle down 

34-27

chargers

Cali- I'm sure you haven't forgotten, but the Chiefs beat the Chargers twice last year with no Berry in the lineup. That and Mitchell/Acker/Gaines/Revis on one side. Seriously, do you think Fuller is better or worse than any/all of those guys?  I say better. 

13 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Cali- I'm sure you haven't forgotten, but the Chiefs beat the Chargers twice last year with no Berry in the lineup. That and Mitchell/Acker/Gaines/Revis on one side. Seriously, do you think Fuller is better or worse than any/all of those guys?  I say better. 

Not that it's relevant, but we also beat the chargers twice in 2014 without Berry.  He had that high ankle sprain in the first game and cancer in the 2nd game.

How did we do it?  Because Reid owns the Chargers.  Oh ye of little faith.

35 minutes ago, xen said:

Not that it's relevant, but we also beat the chargers twice in 2014 without Berry.  He had that high ankle sprain in the first game and cancer in the 2nd game.

How did we do it?  Because Reid owns the Chargers.  Oh ye of little faith.

I have faith. -Game one on the road.  -Lots of changes on defense. It will be close. 

52 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Eric Murray is garbage.

fuller is good but he’s no peters 

of course that’s my opinion

yes, I think the overall defensive backfield IS worse.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Different QB's, different Offense.  lmao though!

That's a not good decision.

Based on what?  Pre-Season?  Andrew Wylie has played 4 games in the NFL.  Before coming to KC, he was mostly bouncing around practice squads  after going un-drafted in 2017.

Cam Erving may not be the answer, but you have to give him the first opportunity since he was a former 1st round pick and has experience.

24 minutes ago, dksww said:

Based on what?  Pre-Season?  Andrew Wylie has played 4 games in the NFL.  Before coming to KC, he was mostly bouncing around practice squads  after going un-drafted in 2017.

Cam Erving may not be the answer, but you have to give him the first opportunity since he was a former 1st round pick and has experience.

May not be the answer?  He is not the answer. 

You make that determination off the film (trash) and not what some dumbass franchise spent to take him in the draft.

53 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

May not be the answer?  He is not the answer. 

You make that determination off the film (trash) and not what some dumbass franchise spent to take him in the draft.

Then what makes Wylie a better option? 

29 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Erving did not look terrible through preseason. He is far from confidence inducing, but we will see. The entire line is up and down. I think I would prefer him at swing OT and pray for no injuries. I don’t know anything about Wylie. 

He is beat from the absolute start by a marginal DT here.

4NqdB7D.gif

While not Chiefs related (fortunately he didn't play a lot last year), here are some 'highlights'

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif

5b7s4pvao3fz.gif

Here's his great work at Center, where it's rumored he will be going next year:

erving-jtgif-7afe9fdc5d73af80.gif

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Then what makes Wylie a better option? 

Some actual potential?

I asked about Wylie.  Oh, there's no highlights of him?  Gee, I wonder why?  Oh, that's right he hasn't played at all.

All I'm saying is between the 2 guys I think the most logical decision is the guy you traded for, extended early and was a 1st round talent.

You give him every chance to fail before just handing it over to a guy that's played 4 games in his career and wasn't drafted.  

the chargers are not more talented, the media as always is behind them talking about how great they are.. 

This isnt even gonna be funny... in one of the first true blowouts since reid has been here... 

42-6 chiefs show true dominating form.

16 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Reid defers on kick-off. Chargers 5 plays 68 yards lead 7-0. Go on to roll KC 48-23. Chargers have over 550 yards of total offense. Over 150 on the ground. 

Yes I want the reverse to happen. Yes I want to be so wrong. 

thats because you are..

they miss the field goal, dat returns the ball to the chiefs 8 yard line.. chiefs 1 play later tie the game...on a 92 yard throw and catch  diego doesnt score again..

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

He is beat from the absolute start by a marginal DT here.

4NqdB7D.gif

While not Chiefs related (fortunately he didn't play a lot last year), here are some 'highlights'

cam-heyward-cam-erving.gif

5b7s4pvao3fz.gif

Here's his great work at Center, where it's rumored he will be going next year:

erving-jtgif-7afe9fdc5d73af80.gif

Some actual potential?

You showed some highlights of of a few bad snaps over the last few years. Can you show similar of our current starters? I mean the first preseason game made Fisher and Schwartz look worse than that. I am not a fan of Erving, but you have to admit that is a pretty bullshit collection. Or no? 

Maybe a Witz or Ehinger collection. Or Wylie?

I think that Erving, Witz, Ehinger are not legit starters. That set of videos is selective at best. 

6 minutes ago, DieHard said:

You showed some highlights of of a few bad snaps over the last few years. Can you show similar of our current starters? I mean the first preseason game made Fisher and Schwartz look worse than that. I am not a fan of Erving, but you have to admit that is a pretty bullshit collection. Or no? 

Maybe a Witz or Ehinger collection. Or Wylie?

I think that Erving, Witz, Ehinger are not legit starters. That set of videos is selective at best. 

Feel free to collect them.  Witz and Ehringer aren't good, either.  That doesn't really say anything to argue that Erving isn't shit.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:58 PM, DieHard said:

Chiefs 31

Chargers 28

Not worst day ever, but 2 picks by Rivers. 1 pick by Mahomes.

This is what I think the score will be tomorrow as well.... 31-28.

We’ll squeak one out while Sutton does his best to make sure Houston is covering Keenan Allen as much as possible while having 3 down lineman go at Rivers in obvious passing situations. We’ll win in spite of Sutton tomorrow, but barely.

I think you all forget that Reid is probably the most vanilla coach when it comes to preseason.  Patty Cakes is gonna show the NFL why Alex Smith is gone.  I find it funny that any of you think it will even be close!

Chiefs:  37

Chargers:  17

Archived