Game thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win #1, I'll take it with a huge smile! Not concerned about Watkins or Kelce getting balls today, I think each will get featured in different matchups. Hill is just a freak...pay the man. Like to see more rushes and PM is the real deal.

On D, I hate Sutton and his scheme, it will bite us in the ass. 

Go chiefs!

Here's what I saw:

- Major credit to the Chargers for having Astroglide on their hands today.  They dropped a good 4 TD's today.

-Painfully obvious the Chiefs ILB's barely did any work in the summer.  They looked mostly like shit today.

-Right now, Sammy Watkins looks like a 48 million dollar mistake.

- Scandrick is fucking trash.  Why did they spend the money on Watkins when they had no corner? 

-The sad thing is the best player on Defense today was a guy they cut loose (for good reason) and picked back up from the trashcan a week ago.

Pat and Tyreek connection is superb, but this Defense is going to cost them wins.

and finally, the ol' "ugh andy going turtle" stuff really should die off.  Going conservative when your Defense can't stop shit is the correct call.

The Inside backers will get better with more playing time (IMO), and it was the biggest issue they had today in this game.  They need to figure out what they're going to do at corner though.

Nelson is bad, Scandrick isn't even a speedbump and Murry was awful and that's going to be the problem in the long haul. 

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

We may just have to accept the defense is null and void this year. So just sit back and enjoy the PM express train for now. Next year we hopefully solve CB & scheme issue on D and fire on all cylinders

This is pretty much how I thought it would be. 

6 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

We may just have to accept the defense is null and void this year. So just sit back and enjoy the PM express train for now. Next year we hopefully solve CB & scheme issue on D and fire on all cylinders

I'm not convinced they are ever going to fix the number one problem, and it's the coordinator.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Inside backers will get better with more playing time (IMO), and it was the biggest issue they had today in this game.  They need to figure out what they're going to do at corner though.

Nelson is bad, Scandrick isn't even a speedbump and Murry was awful and that's going to be the problem in the long haul. 

I thought Nelson played fine

13 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Here's what I saw:

- Major credit to the Chargers for having Astroglide on their hands today.  They dropped a good 4 TD's today.

-Painfully obvious the Chiefs ILB's barely did any work in the summer.  They looked mostly like shit today.

- Scandrick is fucking trash.  Why did they spend the money on Watkins when they had no corner? 

-The sad thing is the best player on Defense today was a guy they cut loose (for good reason) and picked back up from the trashcan a week ago.

Pat and Tyreek connection is superb, but this Defense is going to cost them wins.

and finally, the ol' "ugh andy going turtle" stuff really should die off.  Going conservative when your Defense can't stop shit is the correct call.

The doors over there if you want. They aren't going to change to suite you so maybe you ought to find a team that does everything you like and is perfect in all phases of the game. 

The Chiefs were underdogs by both their fans and the so called experts yet pulled off a 10 point win. Were they perfect, hell no, did they win a divisional game,  HELL YEA.

Denver pulled one out against a rebuilding Seahawks. Oakland will get beat by the Rams which is all good.

4 minutes ago, Crazychief said:

I thought Nelson played fine

I was going to say the same thing.... Nelson, Ford & Parker had decent days on defense.  

Houston was pretty quiet ... although I saw him out in coverage on several obvious passing downs.  This is not a talent problem .... it is a Bob Sutton issue.

16 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Here's what I saw:

You do know they won yes? I have watched teams like Green Bay win like this year after year. Farve running around like Mahomes and making last minute miracle plays as a result of a lousy defense. Young KC QB looked really calm and really good not great today.. Other young guys got experience too. Big win regardless of how. Fun game to watch.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The doors over there if you want. They aren't going to change to suite you so maybe you ought to find a team that does everything you like and is perfect in all phases of the game. 

The Chiefs were underdogs by both their fans and the so called experts yet pulled off a 10 point win. Were they perfect, hell no, did they win a divisional game,  HELL YEA.

Denver pulled one out against a rebuilding Seahawks. Oakland will get beat by the Rams which is all good.

arrowheadpride.com is a jump skip and a hop away if you don't like 100% sunshine

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Correct: Raiders will not beat the Rams. No way. Denver has Mr Pick as their QB. Looks like the West will be a shoot out all season.

Archived