Have to give Rivers credit.  He is just plain good.  He beat the rush and got the ball exactly into the right spots, with the right speed and elevation. They just couldn't catch it.  They should have been called for holds against Houston.  Our rush was actually pretty good, and our run defense was much better than last year.  It is just hard to stop a guy like Gordon.  Last year, though, Gordon would have beaten us single-handedly.  We also had way too many penalties, due to youth and inexperience. Those penalties sustained many of their drives, mostly in the first half.

That pass play to Anthony Sherman was a pure gem.

I thought Hitchens played a pretty solid game overall. He had 15 tackles and that screen pass he snuffed out was a thing of beauty. My biggest disappointments were Ragland and Scandrick. Ford played pretty well. He just needs to try to work more inside moves instead of just speed off the edge. Gets pushed wide and out of the play too often. He could be a beast if he had a more consistent 2nd move.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, West said:

Ford played well.

Ragland Played Fine

Hitchens played fine

The Defense stopped the run this week...It helped that Rivers had to throw to stay in the game as the Chiefs Offense is a beast.

w

Meh.  I expected better tackling from Ragland.  There's plenty of time to improve, and I'll take a 1-0 start going into Pitt.

Archived