One play

Tyreek’s long TD reception - Morse whiffed his block and the DT was in Mahomes’ face immediately. He stood in and delivered a perfect dime. No way Alex makes that throw or even attempt it. We all watched him take that sack for 5 years. It’s a new day. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mahomes played decent, he made a few really good throws and a few not so good.  15 of 27 for 256 is just good,  4 td's, with two being

a one yard forward pitch is also good.  The Chiefs would have lost that game if not for the special teams play, and an outstanding

day for Tyreek Hill. 

49 minutes ago, Evad said:

Mahomes played decent, he made a few really good throws and a few not so good.  15 of 27 for 256 is just good,  4 td's, with two being

a one yard forward pitch is also good.  The Chiefs would have lost that game if not for the special teams play, and an outstanding

day for Tyreek Hill. 

don't forget about the SD TD Drops

1 hour ago, Evad said:

day for Tyreek Hill. 

Umm. He was slightly better than decent. LOL. Total QBR 82.7, QB rating 127.2 both top 5 in the league as a 22 year old making his second career start   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2794990-pat-mahomes-tyreek-hill-are-taking-over-the-nfl-as-next-superstar-tandem

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The play that stood out to me was the throw to Sherman.  That was a back breaker and thrown as well as could be thrown. 

I agree, that was an incredible throw. He put it in just the right spot. What's really awesome is it wasn't by design. He scanned the field, and found Sherman. 

Hill was the MVP for the week.  He dominated the game and his toughness should not be underestimated.  The dude is a rock.

The most impressive things about Mahomes:

1. He can make all the throws.  Darts, touch passes, screens and long throws.

2. He makes good decisions

3. He is smart enough to know that he can do much better.  His post game interview was impressive.

Once again, He is a great kid and we are very lucky to get him.  He is also very lucky to have Andy Reid as a coach.

Its a very optimistic time in KC for the Chiefs.

w

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Umm. He was slightly better than decent. LOL. Total QBR 82.7, QB rating 127.2 both top 5 in the league as a 22 year old making his second career start   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2794990-pat-mahomes-tyreek-hill-are-taking-over-the-nfl-as-next-superstar-tandem

OK, he was SLIGHTLY better than decent, those rating numbers are skewed because of the four TD's and no interceptions, however,

if you are honest in your assessment, two of the TD's were one yard pitches and he was lucky at least two times not to be intercepted.

I'm not ragging on Mahomes, he's a young player who plays above his experience level at this point, but sometimes the praise is

unwarranted

10 minutes ago, Evad said:

OK, he was SLIGHTLY better than decent, those rating numbers are skewed because of the four TD's and no interceptions, however,

if you are honest in your assessment, two of the TD's were one yard pitches and he was lucky at least two times not to be intercepted.

I'm not ragging on Mahomes, he's a young player who plays above his experience level at this point, but sometimes the praise is

unwarranted

Don't agree at all.  He did exactly what was required of him.  I don't care so much about his stats.  His 20+ yard 3rd down conversion to Hill in the 3rd quarter when we had to have it is another example of his ability to create something out of nothing -- those are the kind of plays that have been missing.  And he's just going to get better.

Of course he's going to have rough moments and games this year, but the praise is not at all unwarranted IMO.

43 minutes ago, Evad said:

unwarranted

He was also third in the league in the extremely important yard per attempt stat.  And most importantly we were 2-2 in converting red zone trips into TDs. He was really good yesterday.  I think you would be the only person who would evaluate this as somehow only slightly better than average.  But to each his own.  

Mahomes played well, but he make some mistakes that hopefully will be fixed as he matures.  For example, he left the pocket early on one play when Kelce was coming open.  It's probably a case of being more careful about turnovers, but Reid says Mahomes is a quick learner and I think he'll be better at risk evaluation with a little more experience.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Mahomes played well, but he make some mistakes that hopefully will be fixed as he matures.  For example, he left the pocket early on one play when Kelce was coming open.  It's probably a case of being more careful about turnovers, but Reid says Mahomes is a quick learner and I think he'll be better at risk evaluation with a little more experience.

Agree completely. Mistakes were obvious at times and still a huge amount for him to learn. But his mistakes werent game killers. While the plays he made were game winners. If that makes sense. Simply the first QB we’ve had here in my lifetime that I would evaluate that has a ceiling of 10.  He’s nowhere near that yet. And has a really tough task against a Pittsburgh team that gave Alex Smith fits.  And it sounds like it may be a rainy day. 

39 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Let’s not forget that Mahomes was up against a pretty good defense, even without Bosa.  Gus Bradley is a stud DC, but it didn’t matter because PM2 makes throws that one other guy in the NFL can make.  It’s still surreal to me that he’s a Chief!

whoa AC, you're back?  Awesome, welcome back!

As an analyst I just heard on the radio mention this one play thing is actually very important. This is the type of QB who can play poorly and still make that one play that gets his team the W. Elway used to do that to us all the time. Three bad quarters and then brilliance to beat us. Just more opportunties to win games especially in January. 

Archived