One play

On 9/10/2018 at 10:07 PM, Mloe68 said:

The kid is a playmaker.  He can flat do things many other QBs cannot.  But I was most impressed week one with a clean sheet in the INT column.  Even with our beleaguered secondary not even Rivers accomplished that.  And I still predict some big INT games are coming as teams throw different looks at him.  

The biggest play for me was the 3rd and 13. Chargers just scored making it 17-12 and had the momentum going. If we punted it could have been trouble.

The kid was pressured, stepped up in the pocket to his right, saw Watkins double covered and then flicked it (literally) 30 yards to Tyreek. That was very Rodgers esque.

The best part was after that play was over, 2 Charger DB’s looked at their coaches and threw their hands up bc they were so frustrated.

That’s the Mahomes effect. This kid is going to be elite for a long time once he has some more experience.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Claiming that Hill deserved the POW over Mahomes doesn't diminish the performance of Mahomes.  He made a number of mistakes but no QB goes through a whole game without some.  He made a couple of incredible throws that we would never have seen from Smith.  His game was worthy of recognition,whether rookie or not. .

That's fine.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  And no doubt Mahomes made some mistakes.  But he also did a lot of great things against a good D,  on the road, in his first game as a starter.  Hill had a handful of great plays.  But Mahomes day was impreasive.  Either were deserving.  

Looking forward to seeing how deals with the landslide of blitz pressure coming his way this week.  Most new QBs don't handle that well.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

That's fine.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  And no doubt Mahomes made some mistakes.  But he also did a lot of great things against a good D,  on the road, in his first game as a starter.  Hill had a handful of great plays.  But Mahomes day was impreasive.  Either were deserving.  

Looking forward to seeing how deals with the landslide of blitz pressure coming his way this week.  Most new QBs don't handle that well.

Gotta trust that Reid has him prepared for that.  Expect to see more targets to Kelce and Ware/Hunt.  Mahomes handled pressure pretty well against LAC.  The Chiefs have little to lose in this game.  Most people expected a loss since the schedule come out.  A win would be gravy at this point.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Gotta trust that Reid has him prepared for that.  Expect to see more targets to Kelce and Ware/Hunt.  Mahomes handled pressure pretty well against LAC.  The Chiefs have little to lose in this game.  Most people expected a loss since the schedule come out.  A win would be gravy at this point.

Yes but Pittsburgh's pressure will be different in that they blitz a ton and Mahomes will have to correctly figure out where the pressure is coming from pre-snap.  While Alex was not good at handling pressure he was very good pre-snap, so we'll see how well Pat absorbed his homework last year.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

This.  I’m expecting Kelce to catch at least 10 balls in this one.  Overall, it’s going to be another solid learning experience for our stud QB.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:59 PM, jetlord said:

Claiming that Hill deserved the POW over Mahomes doesn't diminish the performance of Mahomes.  He made a number of mistakes but no QB goes through a whole game without some.  He made a couple of incredible throws that we would never have seen from Smith.  His game was worthy of recognition,whether rookie or not. .

Again for the record, I have said I fully support our quarterback, I said he is playing above his level of experience, I have said i think he will get even better (which he did ALREADY in game two, by the way), but somehow because i did not exclaim his efforts in more robust and passionate terms, it has been interpreted as I view his performance as negative, that just ain't the truth. However, for any of my fellow Chiefs fans that were offended by what I have said, i sincerely apologize.

5 hours ago, Evad said:

Again for the record, I have said I fully support our quarterback, I said he is playing above his level of experience, I have said i think he will get even better (which he did ALREADY in game two, by the way), but somehow because i did not exclaim his efforts in more robust and passionate terms, it has been interpreted as I view his performance as negative, that just ain't the truth. However, for any of my fellow Chiefs fans that were offended by what I have said, i sincerely apologize.

No one was offended.  We all actually like cranky, negative old men.  ☺️

Archived