2018-2019 Big Picture

If we take a look at this season, I think the Steelers game will be a very big "tell" for KC. 

Is KC a team with enough physicality to be a legitimate contender?

The Chargers win told me that they can handle a shoot out, but can they make that 3rd and 3 against a tough d-front?

The lack of physicality has been one of my biggest criticisms for years.  Its time to see what this O-line & D-line  can do.

w

Hunt and Ware didn't impress in the Chargers game, but then again, Andy didn't use them much in critical situations.  What surprised me more was the lack of targets to Kelce.  Maybe the LAC game plan was to take him out of the game, but he should have had more chances.  We are seeing the benefits of multiple weapons and I'm guessing that we'll see new heroes every week.

The playcalling didn't help, with 10 minutes to go we run on 1st and 2nd down, roll out Mahomes and punt.  Then we get the ball after the turnover at the 1 and where we should just be pounding it we only run once then throw it.  Luckily Reid's offensive creativity can sometimes counter his own play calling and we scored on the Hill whatever play that was but feel like we need to give our O a chance to smash it at the goal line.

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hunt and Ware didn't impress in the Chargers game, but then again, Andy didn't use them much in critical situations.  What surprised me more was the lack of targets to Kelce.  Maybe the LAC game plan was to take him out of the game, but he should have had more chances.  We are seeing the benefits of multiple weapons and I'm guessing that we'll see new heroes every week.

going to hard to keep everybody happy and each week as you say we'll see a different hero.. 

The Pitt game will be a tough one. They somehow always seem to raise their intensity level when playing the Chiefs, or it seems that way.  I'm interested i seeing how Mahomes handles this intensity. I thought Ware & Hunt played ok for what was going on in the game. The Chargers were really focusing on them as well as Kelce. As you guys mentioned, we're seeing the benefits of having multiple weapons. 

The Steelers always seem to be coming off a woeful game coming into Chiefs week. They play physical up front . The difference will be physicality West , but how many WIDE OPEN receivers did we miss against these guys in the past. Mahomes eyes will be down the field and if we hit a few big plays against their lackluster secondary then that will open up the K. Hunt and Spencer Ware duo. Kelce will get more touches in this game. Reid will be ready for these clowns. Enough is enough. 

1 hour ago, Evad said:

I hope the Steelers receivers drop as many passes as the Chargers receivers did

Joshua Brisco @jbbrisco 2h2 hours ago

Nope! The two dropped TDs from the second quarter were on the same drive - a drive that ended in a TD anyway. Benjamin later dropped a big gain, but not a TD. At MOST, that's a one-TD swing, and that TD wouldn't have been guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, Evad said:

I still hope they do drop passes and punts

because those types of plays have never had an effect on NFL game before...

Look at this play by DAT on the pass by Mahomes.  Terrible effort.  At worst all he had to do was slow down and allow the S to run into him for PI.  This would've made it 21-6 in the 2nd quarter:

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

I’m sorry,  but they ran hard. There wasn’t a whole lot of running rhythm established. Ware broke off a big run. Hunt had a big yards after contact.. not many carries for either .

9 hours ago, West said:

I agree with you Jet.  But I am not looking for the flash...rather the trench work.

Sooner or later physicality will matter. 

The Pittsburgh Defense has the tendency to expose the Chief's weaknesses.

w

Yep. Steelers defense has given us absolute fits. I think we had 1 first down in the first half at Arrowhead last year.  

9 hours ago, dksww said:

because those types of plays have never had an effect on NFL game before...

Look at this play by DAT on the pass by Mahomes.  Terrible effort.  At worst all he had to do was slow down and allow the S to run into him for PI.  This would've made it 21-6 in the 2nd quarter:

And as a 5th year guy you expect DAT to know better. I don't care about the TD or the penalty. DAT is simply giving Safety a free play on the ball, I wouldn't even mind him going for an offensive PI at that point. DAT is basically non-existent in the picture. This is pure luck saving us from an amateur mistake. 

Archived