Browns releasing Gordon

ChiefThunder

I'll be surprised if he gets another chance in the NFL. They said he was acting strange at the facility today. Like maybe he was under the influence. It really is a shame to see someone this talented overtaken by addiction and his demons, but I also understand it. I'm in recovery so I've lived both sides. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. Unless I was matched up against him in fantasy and he had Gordon as a starter.

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I heard Browns media guy mock the Browns and how this kid is a complete mess and they let him walk all over them and especially Hue Jackson. Nice move by Dorsey. 

The kid makes 800k and was already on the team.  That’s about as low risk/high reward as it gets...no matter what, they can say they tried to give Gordon a chance...optics alone it was a good move by the Browns to give him a chance this year...

10 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Dallas, they have no receivers. Actually I don't think anyone will. If after 6 years he has nothing but negativity following him he's a waste of a ball player and I hope he gets his life strained out.

While I can see Dallas or SF, I see the Rams wanting better receiver for a deep threat and they have gone all in. Division rivals have seen what Hill does to them and Carr could use a quick deep threat as well as Chargers. Denver has Sanders but you never know what they will do.

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

The kid makes 800k and was already on the team.  That’s about as low risk/high reward as it gets...no matter what, they can say they tried to give Gordon a chance...optics alone it was a good move by the Browns to give him a chance this year...

This guy covers the Browns every day and said all this months ago. Basically the kid did whatever he wanted with no accountability from Hue Jackson. Gordon is a mess by all accounts and doesn’t belong in our young locker room would be my point. 

On 9/16/2018 at 12:21 AM, DieHard said:

Agreed. Dallas would be a good fit. Jones is a whore. One year deal in NE would not surprise me. They love short term malcontent WRs. He would probably do well there. 

Yep, NE.  They work to coach up head cases all the time.  Expect Gordon to light up the Chiefs in about three weeks.

Patriots make total sense. Tom Brady is near the end and that empire will crumble soon thereafter. Plus they sure looked like the lesser team against Jax yesterday. Might as well throw a dart at the board at this big time talent because he's not bringing down the locker room and won't last long there anyway. 

Archived