• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it sucks. I haven't had a chance to watch the game, but it seems like the Chiefs can never have everything going good at once. There is always a weakness. Hopefully they will get better.  The one positive I can say is they did face two really good teams. 

I understand where OT is coming from, but I want to reserve judgment on the defense until they play some less explosive teams. I'm not saying it's not bad, it is; but with the DV teams it seemed like they made everyone look all world. 

Hitchens is the ideal guy for the slot that is currently occupied by Reggie Ragland.  Not great at covering, but smart and hits hard.  Would eventually like to see them move on for Reggie (I don't think he's going to be right for the long haul) and pair Hitchens with a guy that covers well.

Fuller is a keeper and they need an entirely new secondary beyond that.  I've stressed patience with Justin Houston, but man he's just not right and it might be time to finally cut bait at the end of the year.  They need to fire Bob Sutton the fuck out of a cannon already.

I have no fucking idea why that stupid pile of moth balls isn't rushing a minimum of 4, every single down.  Constantly rushes 2-3.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Hitchens is the ideal guy for the slot that is currently occupied by Reggie Ragland.  Not great at covering, but smart and hits hard.  Would eventually like to see them move on for Reggie (I don't think he's going to be right for the long haul) and pair Hitchens with a guy that covers well.

Fuller is a keeper and they need an entirely new secondary beyond that.  I've stressed patience with Justin Houston, but man he's just not right and it might be time to finally cut bait at the end of the year.  They need to fire Bob Sutton the fuck out of a cannon already.

I have no fucking idea why that stupid pile of moth balls isn't rushing a minimum of 4, every single down.  Constantly rushes 2-3.

Lol! Yes

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I was expecting a decent performance from Hitchens with Ragland running the show but Hitchens seems to be the real deal and Ragland looks lost so far this year. 

12 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I was expecting a decent performance from Hitchens with Ragland running the show but Hitchens seems to be the real deal and Ragland looks lost so far this year. 

Ragland has had some good stretches of plays, but I think that knee is still bothering him and I don't know if he's ever going to be fully 'right'

I won't fault the gamble even if that's the case, but might need to start looking at some options.

Ragland looks fat and slow.   Fuller, Hitchens, Ford and Parker have been the only real bright spots on the D so far this year.   Hard to judge Chris Jones when O's no longer fear our pass rush.   Houston is a shell of himself and its sad but we have a good bit of cap room next year and it might be better to use the money elsewhere like our secondary.   We are stuck with Berry unless he retires at least for the next 2 years.   But like others said.  Because this scheme doesn't accentuate much of anything.   When we apply pressure our D looks decent when we rush 3-4 we get destroyed.   

I have a feeling this is gonna be a weekly thread...maybe whoever creates it makes sure to label it by week so we don’t go into the wrong one...lol

in all seriousness, I read that Sutton’s ability to give up tons of yards but few points is what saved him...  so far he’s allowed 28 and 35 points.  That’s not gonna cut it...

Just now, WichitaZRide said:

I have a feeling this is gonna be a weekly thread...maybe whoever creates it makes sure to label it by week so we don’t go into the wrong one...lol

in all seriousness, I read that Sutton’s ability to give up tons of yards but few points is what saved him...  so far he’s allowed 28 and 35 points.  That’s not gonna cut it...

I think it might. Just Win.

12 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

i was going to make a Fire Bob Sutton thread and ask the admins to pin it to the top of the page ...i really don't think my heart can take this BS for another 14 games

we need to be holding weekly auditions for secondary help because we need it...

Question: is the sloppy play of the DBs the fault of Emmitt Thomas or Bob Sutton

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Question: is the sloppy play of the DBs the fault of Emmitt Thomas or Bob Sutton

Good point...while Thomas has a problem for sure, this should ultimately be on Sutton to scheme for its shortcomings...but to your point...it feels like we’ve drafted promising young DBs consistently for the last five years, and the development has been absolute crap for all of them.  Peters didn’t need development, so I’m not going to count that.  But that’s also on Sutton on not identifying and adjusting his staff accordingly.

35 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Good point...while Thomas has a problem for sure, this should ultimately be on Sutton to scheme for its shortcomings...but to your point...it feels like we’ve drafted promising young DBs consistently for the last five years, and the development has been absolute crap for all of them.  Peters didn’t need development, so I’m not going to count that.  But that’s also on Sutton on not identifying and adjusting his staff accordingly.

Maybe its on the GMs? 

13 minutes ago, wilkie said:

If Sutton could rush four and keep seven back he would do it. He has to do this exotic stuff because we do not have the talent on defense.   Like it or not you do the best you can with the players you have.

I don’t buy that, not when we were getting torn apart when we rushed 3 and he kept doing it including on the 4th down at the end of the game

Sutton can absolutely rush 4+ every down because rushing anything less than 4 is practically an automatic completion.  I have no idea where that theory is originating from.

The Defense just isn't prepared for the bizarro coverage shit he wants to run week in / week out and yeah the talent isn't there, but he needs to simplify his shit down if his players can't figure it out.  There are major coverage break downs every week and it's bad when you give up a huge clip to a low rate Tight End because Dee Ford (why is he not rushing again?) has no clue who he should be covering because there are 2 guys in his zone as the other coverage guy totally vanished.

The assistants are responsible for making sure individual positions handle their responsibilities and Sutton is responsible for overseeing it (woof) and making sure all his positions work seamlessly in unison and the right calls are being played.  The responsibility for this starts with Andy for not firing the schmuck, and rolls down hill from there with Sutton having awful concepts....Veach not getting the right players and the position guys not having their players ready to go.

The Chiefs just do not have 3 guys that can get reliable pressure and they traded off the corner that had the potential to lock down one side of the field.  This scheme is super confusing.

We really need some aggression and not 3 or 4 man rushes. There just isn’t pass rush with our fat space fillers and our fast guys never get off the snap quickly.

Brown was hobbled, Smith-Schuster is a blossoming talent and they were running open underneath constantly. But come on. We let those dang TE’s run wild way too much. Our LBs are as abysmal as our CBs in coverage.

Archived